Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago area
Hi everyone. We went to clinic yesterday for the quarterly visit. The doc still says he seems to be progressing fairly slowly. He got some pain meds and has been going to PT twice a week for the past 3 weeks or so and says it helps with his shoulder pain. He also started on Prozac a week ago. Thank heavens! Please, you guys, say a prayer that it helps. He has been getting SO negative and depressed lately. The only news from the clinic visit that was not encouraging was his FVC number. He started at 89, went to 94 after getting a CPap, and is now down to 85. The doc did not seem too concerned. She said it can fluctuate some and not be significant, but it is something to note and keep a watch on. So all in all, the visit was pretty good.

Tomorrow should be a great day. We are going to the horse races to celebrate Lenny's birthday and his sister, BIL, niece, and his son and brother will all meet us there. I am packing a huge cooler and made a cake tonight to bring as well. Even the weather is forecasted to be good! Hope all of you have a great and safe holiday weekend.:)

Linda

Linda,

Enjoy your day tomorrow.....You deserve it.....Happy Birthday to Lenny.

Hi everyone. We went to clinic yesterday for the quarterly visit. The doc still says he seems to be progressing fairly slowly. He got some pain meds and has been going to PT twice a week for the past 3 weeks or so and says it helps with his shoulder pain. He also started on Prozac a week ago. Thank heavens! Please, you guys, say a prayer that it helps. He has been getting SO negative and depressed lately. The only news from the clinic visit that was not encouraging was his FVC number. He started at 89, went to 94 after getting a CPap, and is now down to 85. The doc did not seem too concerned. She said it can fluctuate some and not be significant, but it is something to note and keep a watch on. So all in all, the visit was pretty good.

Tomorrow should be a great day. We are going to the horse races to celebrate Lenny's birthday and his sister, BIL, niece, and his son and brother will all meet us there. I am packing a huge cooler and made a cake tonight to bring as well. Even the weather is forecasted to be good! Hope all of you have a great and safe holiday weekend.:)

Linda
I hope that the horse races lift hubbie's spirits. And I hope the Prozac helps his mood too, but it typically takes about two weeks to start working. Take good care of yourself too as the stress must be very hard for you as well. God Bless you and your family Linda.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back