Status
Not open for further replies.
Question

Lori,

Did the Dr. mention anything about his blood sugar being high? Does he have a fruity smell to his breath? The biopsy results along with the nausea/vomiting are really pointing toward a metabolic pathway for me. hyperglycemia which can occur as a result of impaired glycogen storage and insulin resistance can cause nausea, vomiting, and pancreatitis which would explain the elevated liver enzymes. I'm sure they probably checked his glucose levels but with the biopsy results it crossed my mind. Metabolic myopathies account for many of his symptoms. Keep an eye on him with all that vomiting, its easy to become dehydrated.

Take care,

Gina

I was reading up on what you wrote here, and I remembered that about 9 yrs ago my husband had his gallbladder removed due to gallstones. Would this explain the impaired glycogen storage? Sorry if this sounds off the wall, don't know much on that. lol.

What can I do

I was sitting near my husband, and his breathing is heavy, he sounds like someone that just came back from a fast walk, how they are out of breath, but he has not been doing anything but playing his hunting game on tv. I asked him how he was feeling with it, and he said he "feels real tight around his throat, and feels like his air is restricted". He said he has been doing this for a couple of days. It is coming and going. He is one of those hubby's that keeps his sickness to himself as much as he can, I have to drag it out of him so to speak. What can we do until we can get back to his dr? He goes back the 24th of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back