Status
Not open for further replies.
Hal, I often wondered how you were doing. Thanks for the update. I know you say trache has been nothing but trouble, but at least it is there when you need it. All the best, Dani

Hal, Great to see your update. I also have missed seeing you around. I've always kept an eye out for you because we were diagnosed and joined the forum the same time.

I am so impressed and inspired by your post--your attitude sounds so much like my husband. he also uses dasher and a smart nav. how fortunate tht you got that long term health care in place before you had to leave your job.

You and your family will remain in my thoughts--

Hal,

It is great to hear from you. I have missed your posts and have wondered how you are doing. It looks from the length of your new post that Dasher is working well for you. I love your attitude and am happy to hear that despite your fairly rapid progression, other things have also worked out well for you. I hope to see more news from you.

John

Hal,
Thank you, your post was very encouraging to me. I had been wondering how you were doing. I try to keep a positive attitude and approach this as a challenge also, but it is heartbreaking what it does to our loved ones

Hal - good to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to update us. Sending blessings to you and your family.
Love and light
Meg

Hal, good to hear from you, you have an incredible attitude. As Meg said so eloquently, blessings to you and your family!
Helen

Glad you updated us, been wondering about you. Hang in there.

Hi Hal,
I'm glad to see your post. It looks like Dasher is working well for you, so hopefully you will be able to post often again. You've been missed. I sure wish my husband had gotten longterm care before he was diagnosed. It sounds like it makes life a lot easier.

It was good to hear from you!

Hal- youve always been amazing and that hasnt changed. Thanks for the update friend and if it doesnt tire you out too much, plz come back more often!

You have been amazing since your first post.. You and Fran are always in my thoughts.. Your a lucky man to also have the great positive attitude that you exude.. I have always thought of you as a person to be admired. You and Fran are special people who mean a lot to many of us on the forum.. Thank you for your clever, and important update..

I guess you know your Dynavox can be programmed to operate your tv those techs are very nice and helpful. The main screen or home page for my Dynavox is four squares that say Gmail, open office this one brings up my keyboard, Mouse Click Controls this one gives you the drag and mouse click buttons, and the fourth one is main menu. The reason I am writing this is because when I sent it for repairs it came back to me with the main menu screen I called them up and had them to change it back to my four options. Also Medicare will pay for repairs or what they approve but I pay for my repairs and bill Medicare later I don't get the full amount but I don't have to wait for Medicare to approve

Thanks for the update Hal. I had been wondering about you from time to time.

I'm curious about your ebooks. I have a difficult time holding a book in a comfortable position and I think a kindle would pose the same problem. Do you use your Dynavox or computer to read the material from?

Best wishes to you and your family. Your attitude is remarkable.

-Tom

Thanks, everyone for the encouraging comments. I do use the Dynavox for a lot of things. I can control the TV and even the lights and fan, thanks to a friend who's an electronics wiz who hooked up some X10 modules for me. This same friend is helping me set up a system where I can control the wheelchair position with my Dynavox! Using only my eyes, I can adjust the wheelchair tilt and leg elevation. I thought about driving the chair with it, but decided that would be too dangerous.

Iread ebooks on the Dynavox using the Kindle program for the PC. I also get books in epub or mobi formats from the local library web site or from, er, darker corners of the internet.

I'm constantly tweaking and improving my tools, which helps me feel busy and productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back