Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
Wall Street Webcasting - Neuralstem, Inc.

If you go to the link and register (it's free) just make up a company name, I just put in ALS, you can listen to the podcast and advance through the slides. The first half of the podcast mostly discusses the trial taking place at emory. At about the 9:55 mark he states that 8 of the 10 surviving patients have either not gotten worse or showed improvement. Keep in mind 2 patients have passed, 1 due to a unrelated heart condition and one due to respiratory failure as a result of his ALS progression.

Yes as Richard Garr acknowledges this is a small sample group and there is no control group receiving placebos. That being said it is still encouraging and some positive news for a change.

Dr. Feldman will be presenting all of the data which includes safety as well as the secondary end points which measures muscle strength in multiple muscles, FVC, FRS, spasticity and a few other measurements. It sounds as though after she presents the info it will be published as well. I am eagerly anticipating the opportunity to review the published data, in particular the secondary end points data.

Update...actually Dr. Glass will be doing the update next week. CNN may also end up doing a story on a patient that has shown substantial improvement. Far from a cure but at least they are headed in the right direction.

Actually Dr. Glass will be doing the presentation next week in San Diego at the ANA conference. Also CNN may alos be doing a story on the patient who has shown considerable improvement.

Far from a cure but at least they are on the right track and showing promise. Remember this the only stem cell trial where they are actually injecting stem cells into the spinal cord not into spinal fluid on blood or muscles. It would be nice to hear some positive news for a change!

My apologies I did not mean to duplicate my post. I did not realize the first one was in "limbo"

I am praying that stem cells will show some improvement in ALS patients. My boyfriend was diagnosed in June, he is losing muscle strength rapidly (at least i think so) seems like almost daily there are things he could do yesterday that he can't do today. It's so sad to see such an independent man of his stature and pride become weaker, depressed, he looks lost sometimes, and lose his income. It's bad enough to have to deal with the fact that you have such a horrific illness but to also deal with finances or should I say lack of finances. He is very proud and have not told many people, actually he has only told one family member of his illness and one friend. It's just too sad, sometimes I think i am going to wake up and this is all a dream. The good news is....he is a candidate for stem cell research but Dr. doesn't know how long it will take for approval. Time is of essence. I pray it happens not just for him but for all ALS sufferers. I hate this illness! I'm not sure what to expect...does anyone know how long this process could take?

Thank you all!

I'm pissed that political games were played with embryonic stem cells for 8 years. Feel it held research back that potentially cost lives & time. Have to wonder how much further along research could've been & cures & treatment.

Hope they find a cure or way to slow down or halt progress.

I m positive they will find it. The thing is just when? There are some very positive things going on out there. The owrry is just that they are only in phase one. And phase 2 if foreign is always localized and phase is often all over the world. Then release of facts and then general practice. so from clinical trial 1-3 about 4,5 years if there are no problems on the way and we know there generally are with ALS. Closest right now is NP 001. Maybe a little more than a year to Phase 3 if results are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back