Diagnosis
12/2011
Country
US
State
Tx
City
NB
My Mom ended up in the hospital on Saturday night because she was having a difficult time breathing. She has bronchitis now and since she can't cough good, it's scary. She was released yesterday and we decided to bring on hospice for help. It just seems like she's taken a turn for the worse. She's really anxious and won't stay still. We've given her some morphine along with anxiety meds to help her relax. She's using the BiPap occasionally, but does NOT want to keep it on. I feel like she's scared if she rests or sleeps that she won't get up, she's giving the ALS a big fight. I'm scared.

I'm so sorry for her distress as well as yours! I'll be thinking of you and your loved ones.

Wishing I could do more. But, in the meantime know you're in my prayers.

hope that she is able to relax and get over the bronchitis. Hospice can be a great comfort to her and to you...

If she doesn't have a nasal mask call and get her one they are a lot more comfortable than the face mask. I only wear the face mask at night. They should give both but they don't unless you ask.

I'm so glad to hear you are going with Hospice. They will adjust the meds until she can relax, which will be very helpful to you, both. I wish you Peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom!

Jen

How is your mom today? Are the meds helping? How are you holding up? I hope things have calmed down a bit for you all.

Laura

Thank you all for your kind words. She's really tired still. Only slept for 3 to 4 hours last night. Hospice nurse recommended some med adjustments so we will see. We are starting to decrease her food intake. She was taking 6 cans through the PEG before and now it seems like too much. I fixed her hair and she acted like she wanted to go somewhere. I hate to leave her to go back to work. I still have to work, don't have any more FMLA time because I used it when I had my baby in March. I'll take unpaid time off when needed. Her best friend since I was born 33 years ago is with her during the day and taking care of her. She's a CNA, which is really helpful. Also her other really good friend is helping as well, and she is a retired paramedic/EMT. I do think we are very lucky I that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back