Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Dennisville
It seems that I have joined the ranks with Cindy, CrystallK and others who have serious symptoms and no concrete diagnosis which I guess is a good thing. I was seen by Dr. McCluskey at Penn clinic in November who felt the fasics and cramps in the legs were cramp fasic syndrone. Because of some swallowing issues a mod barium swallow was done and it was mostly normal. I have had a recent visit at Drexel Center in Phila. with Dr. Deboo the asst. Director. for second opinion. Neurotin prescribed for the cramps, more blood work and come back in three months. So I am in the three month check rotation. I can deal with the legs but the throat is driving me crazy. Its up top between the tonsils and gives me a gag sensation when swallowing. Stiffness in sides of jaw too. Have to repeat swallow test again so we will see. I have calmed down alot but still worried and symtomatic. To all who have listened and offered support I thank you as my story continues and I hope for the best.

Ahhh the good news bad news scenario. Most of us are aware of that. Doesn't make it any easier. Just hope for the best and live each day as best you can.
AL.

Keep hoping for the best, my friend! We will root for you! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back