Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
QC
Sorry to post another thread but my thread was closed and I have new information and would be very grateful if someone could tell me their opinion.

Here is a recap of my symptoms:

- Fasciculations in legs, arms, face, buttocks, everywhere
- Perceived weakness in legs especially and arms; my legs shake when going down stairs and feel wobbly
- Muscles shaking when used, all over body

I just saw a rheumatologist while waiting for my neuro appointment in October.

She examined my strength in legs, arms, feet and hands and said no clinical weakness. She also said no atrophy. Reflexes were slightly brisk but within normal (2+) and symmetrical. She wasn’t worried and said her own reflexes are like mine. When she tested my arms again later she said they were 1+ and that my anxiety might enhance the reflexes.

As for the fasciculations she says they’re nothing and even she has them. She said she paid attention during the exam and saw none in me. She asked me how long I could walk and I said I recently walked 2km and she said if my leg symptoms were from ALS it’s highly unlikely I could do that without foot drop. Asked me if I tripped or fell or dropped things more often and I said no.

She concluded by saying that she is not a neurologist but that I had no clinical weakness and ALS is rare at 33 and that I shouldn’t lose sleep over the possibility.

What worries me is that she hasn’t suggested anything that could explain my symptoms and now I know I have slightly brisk reflexes AND fasciculations and weakness although perceived but I do shake so I’m very afraid that this whole thing is starting to paint a portrait of early ALS.

Do you guys think I stand a chance of not having ALS with perceived weakness in legs, muscles shaking from little exertion, fasciculations all over and slightly brisk reflexes? So far after almost 4 months of symptoms I have no clinical weakness as confirmed by my rheumatologist.

I don’t want to abuse your patience and I’m very sorry I made another thread. I’m just worried sick now that I can add brisk reflexes to this whole thing.

Thank you very much and all replies will be greatly appreciated and I’ll be eternally grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back