Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis Igor. As you said in your post, the uncertainty of what will happen when truly is maddening. That's something that I continue to struggle with too. Hugs.

Thank you, Kristina! I wish there was some way of knowing what would go bad before it did, not feeling anything is what I find most disturbing about this disease.

And thank you so so so much, everyone! I'll certainly use these forums a lot, as things start developing a place like this to talk about them will be invaluable to me.

But it's interesting now to do simple things and see them through a new angle, like eating an ice cream becomes an incredible thing that should be treasured...

Yes, eat more ice cream! This is one of the few diseases where that sort of activity is encouraged. :D

Yes, eat more ice cream! This is one of the few diseases where that sort of activity is encouraged. :D

At least something good has to come out of all this :p

Igor, on 4/9/18 I asked…

“Igor, your recall of medical terminology, procedures and chronological order is exceptional.”

“Are you in a medical related field?”

Your reply was..

“Yes, almost graduated in medical physics, worked on some radiation research, more specifically radiotherapy in the treatment of glioblastomas and tensor analysis applications in neurosciences. But I decided to go to a more "biological" field, so recently started a course in biophysics, actually began to notice some weakness in the lab when doing cell culture, pipetting gradually started to become more difficult. Now with everything going on probably will go back to finish my medical physics degree and go on to a master's”

Being you are just 25 years old and I just replied to another Thread concerning age, odds and coincidence… so much for coincidence. :)

Are you aspiring to become the next Stephen Hawking? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooops... I forgot to put a :) on the end of my last question. <I put one there. Hope that's what you wanted. --Mike the mod>

When you get your degree you'll join the 2 or 3 other doctors who are members.

Your contributing replies will be helpful as the others are. And... they'll be at a reading level for the ALS Neurologists who sometimes follow this Forum on their off time. Mine does.

Anyway... forgot the :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back