Unsure about my health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, I cannot believe how hard you are trying to get diagnosed with ALS. Is this how badly you want it? To argue against clean EMG (s), clean clinical exams and not a single ALS symptom tells me that you desperately want this disease or you would be jumping for joy that you, in fact, do not have it. The depths of Nosophobia that creates complete self absorption is unbelievable. You are coming to a forum for people who actually have this disease, and their caregivers, basically asking to be handheld through your health anxiety symptoms. Please stop. You can have ten more EMGs and they will all point away from ALS. Be grateful for that, would you? Go be with your family and do your job as dad and husband instead of "holing yourself up" in your hotel room.

*On a side note, after my husband was diagnosed with ALS, we took a trip to Central-East Europe which included Budapest. Did he hole up in our room and refuse to go out, sitting there feeling sorry for himself? Nope, he hobbled around the city with his cane and dragging his deadening left leg, enjoying Budapest, being eternally grateful that we were blessed enough to see the city and feeling even more blessed that we could create memories together. He has ALS and you do not. Do you see the difference in situations and attitudes?

Good luck to you. Please go seek professional health.

Stressed.... I have read all of your posts where this Tread has rambled on for three pages.

Time to be blunt.

As you wrote....
" I also know that in the past 3 months I have experienced.."

According to your long list of symptoms posted previously....all in just three months?

You also wrote....

"I hope I don’t have to regret this time pre diagnosis and instead can regret it as a mental illness that I put into my self."

Answer.... yes you will and yes you will.

Your coin has heads on both sides

As "Affected" (Tillie) wrote....

"Please do not post again except to give us the clear results from your appointment."

Signature...
The obvious is that which is never seen... until someone expresses it simply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back