Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I am spending it in the hospital. Felt so awful last night I went to the ED where they found 4! problems ( none related to ALS) the doctor said any one of the 4 could account for feeling generally horrible. All are probably treatable though they are still doing tests. So MND is on the back burner for once.

Funny thing I have been taken out of my room for tests a couple of times so I have been taken down both corridors ( I am right at the end) I seem to be the only patient on the floor who does not have a sign on the door saying "Fall Risk"

Last edited:
I trust you'll be treated like a queen. You deserve it.

Oh dearie me! Nikki, I wish you speedy treatment and a comfortable stay at the hospital. As Mike says- I hope they treat you like a queen.

Fiona

Wishing you a very speedy recovery Nikki! You know how much I hate hospitals 😷

Vince

4! things, you don't do things by half, do you Nikki? Glad none are ALS related, but worrying time for you, I'm sure.

Wishing you well,
Ells.

Wishing you a speedy diagnosis and recovery. Stay strong!

Healing thoughts coming your way.

Bill

I hope you're in MG or another clean hospital. I'm terrified of hospitals. When I fell in 2013, I wasn't worried about a brain bleed or broken bones in my face......I was worried about staff or worse. I must have washed my hands in the ED a dozen times with the wipes they keep on the wall. I would sneak off the bed when nobody was looking and grab another one to use after the next test or person came in contact with me.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Four different things! I hope they can treat all of them, one way or another.

Keep us posted.

Thanks all. Yes they are being very nice. The tech told me I got the vip room ( at the end of the unit so less noise and fewer people passing by. )

The doctor was just in and of the 4 issues 2 have improved slightly already - (one with treatment, one just because) and 2 are no worse. I am going to need quite a few tests after I go home but I have hope that all will be either resolved or easily lived with. Does anyone know a high protein drink that does not taste foul? I was recommended ensure plus which I can not stand!I was not too crazy about Boost either...

Thanks again for the support!

Kim not at MGH. That was too far but I did pass on about 6 closer hospitals - not so much infection concerns but not as nice and more crowded than here

We're both thinking of you, Nikki! Darcey thought the "Fall Risk" sign situation was hilarious. We hope you find more information and appropriate treatment as the weekend moves forward. Our best to you!

Jim & Darcey

(((((Nikki)))))... I'll heartily second Mike's motion that you be treated like a Queen... of all those I know you are certainly worthy of that honor!!

Now, as far as the protein drink, you might want to try Ensure. That was originally formulated for diabetics, and I find the taste more than acceptable. They now have some High Protein Formulas that might work for you.

John

Oh my goodness Nikki,

I hope all 4 issues will prove to be resolvable in some way.
Good for you for listening to your body and seeking medical help.
Ironic none of the issues are MND related.
I'm sending you good thoughts and warm hugs.
Debbie

This is not the kind of unexpected activity we want to read about for our fearless leader! I was becoming concerned when I notice you posting Less.

Glad you are improving, and I am most certain you will follow all directions! Isn't it a crazy world when we just want to get back to, "just ALS"

Hoping your time in the hospital short and productive.

Side note from The math nerd in me, I read 4! As 4 factorial, which is 4x3x2x1 = 24
Glad there were not 24 problems to deal with!

Nikki,
Hoping for swift improvement on all 4 counts!

I would blend my own protein drink using any/all: whey factors, eggs, ice cream, whatever flavoring syrup/extract you like, tofu, milk, peanut or almond butter...and try for more small servings daily than all at once.

Best,
Laurie

Get well soon Nikki. Sorry to hear of your unplanned hospital visit.

Yes, they should treat you like a Queen!

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back