Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Hi everyone,
I have been following this forum and would like to thanks everyone for sharing valuable knowledge.

I have been having fasciculations for about 8 months now. It followed pain in my neck, back, ankle, feet, hand and elbow joint whenever I exercise these muscles (not weights but regular walking or lifting etc). Also, have experienced stiffness in my ankle and hand after getting up in the morning. No real loss of muscle strength yet. I know this is not a sign of ALS and did my last clean neuro exam in dec’21.

In the last couple of months, I have been having vibrations inside my body when I am at rest. A couple of times felt like fine twitches too. It pretty much happens in the entire upper body (arms, torso) and sometimes legs too. They are not visible on skin but my wife can feel them when she touches me. They last for a long time and disappear (or at least I don’t fee them) after I move or walk around. I am concerned whether I am feeling fibrillations.

My questions is whether one can feel fibrillations and if yes, do they occur all over the body and go away when moving?

I have another neuro checkup next month.

No. Fibrillations are only detectable on an emg. No one can feel them

I would check back with your internist for some blood work and to be monitored, but see no reason to believe you have ALS or will have a loss of strength.

Best,
Laurie

Prev thread here: Is this ALS

You noted in your last thread you were getting some testing done for auto-immune issues. Have you received the results yet?

Yes auto immune results all came back negative finally. Had a clean EMG in October but these vibrations appear consistently since Jan. Pretty much a regular feature now whenever I lie down (mind at rest) or sleep. Twitching still happens but less frequently (10-20 times a day). Only change I made is no sugar or caffeine.

Have done blood tests at least 3 times in the last 8 months and no major issues there.

Were you screened for Restless Leg Syndrome and related disorders? If the vibrations improve when you move, it is worth asking about.

Congrats on the clean EMG!! Thankfully no ALS. I have no idea what your internal vibrations are but please continue to work with your doc . It is fantastic news that you no longer need to be here since you've been cleared of ALS via your EMG, your non-ALS symptoms, and your clean clinical exams.

All the very best to you and please take good care.

Last edited:
I believe you, does it feel like the bed is vibrating? If so I have had the same sinsatations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back