00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
Hi All,

I've posted on here before, but not for a while.

I'm just looking for some clarification on UMN symptoms. Specifically, "increased tone/spasticity". What is difficult and what I think makes people (like myself) freak out so easily is that the generic description of symptoms allows for such a wide interpretation. There are things I've been worried about before where I'll end up being told "oh no, that's not what is meant by X at all".

I'm hoping the same will be the case here.

So, let me know if I'm on the right track - what I believe is meant by spasticity is an involuntary contraction of a muscle, which often times can be quite painful (and potentially result in cramping). Is that right? Things like toes or fingers curling under, etc.?

The only thing I've been experiencing at all is a general feeling of tightness in my left upper leg. Hard to describe, not painful, just tight. Varies in intensity, and is really just present when walking around.

Thanks for reading :)

Wow, lots of information there. I guess what I really need differentiated is tight muscle vs spacticy - what are the differences? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back