Distinguished member
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Northern
Hello!

I had a doctor's appointment today, and when I came home there was a message on my machine to call to make my appointment with Dr. Jennifer Michaels!

I tried to call back, but they had gone for the day...I left a message, returning their call. so I am sure I will hear from them tomorrow. Happy for me that maybe they will figure out conflicting myopathy and denervation at the same time.

That's my update, for now!

take care
lovelily

I pray that you will get to the bottom of this.......

take care!

Thanks so much! Most of the guys are busy unsnapping bras....So I think most will miss my post! :)

take care
lovelily

LOL,

Hey, I had a muscle biopsy yesturday. Okay, It hurt! It was in my thigh and it felt like I had a c-section on my leg! I had 3 c-sections and they were no problem. I did not relize it would be such a ordeal. They prepped me and put me in the OR and gave me twilight! Look, I am no baby~but it hurt. and I am on crutches today. They must of went deep into the muscle and it is on the outside of of my thigh, so walking hurts. And when I use the crutch, that is my weak side of the body and the hand that has muscle loss----so it is no picnic over here. My mother in law picked up the baby for me, too hard to carry her around with all this. bless her.

where was yours? did it hurt like me? I thought I would be able to golf today!
well, I just poured a glass of merlot and I am going to relax!

ps. I am little bugged that it is such a deal and I may not be none the wiser!

april

Hello....Yeah, mine hurt like heck. Really bad. Mine was in the lower thigh. Didn't want to scare you. :cry: I needed crutches for a week. Every day it gets better rapidly. The arm was better.

Feel better soon!

take care
lovelily

Hi April....I was unable to reply the way you sent me a message. Maybe I need to add you to my 'friends' list.

Anyway, I am 50. You can send me a private message.

take care
lovelily

OK smart butt. I was not unsnapping bras. I read your post. I've never had a muscle biopsy but know it is not a picnic. I hope it helps ,one way or another.

AL.

Thanks Al!....:) It was a great attention getter. Just trying to lighten the evening! You, and the rest...take care!

lovelily

Hi April. Before I had my muscle biopsy, all the info I read said it wasn't a big deal. They LIED! I also had 3 C-sections many years ago, and had no problems. My muscle biopsy was in my upper arm muscle. When the doc got 1/2 way through, he said"Now this will hurt". It did. He told me you can't numb a muscle before you cut it - it makes it too hard to cut. IT HURT! And I felt every second of it. Hope you heal up soon. Jess

Lovelily,

That's great that they called for your appointment, I hope they will be able to get to the bottom of it.
The bra thread was pretty funny, and we all need to laugh as it is the best medicine.

Hi Jess.....I have to say this...WHAT! Are you kidding me?:? What looney doctor told you that you can't be numbed?

I didn't feel anything during my first procedure...'arm'. The second biopsy was in my leg. They put me to sleep.

I suggest you find another doctor if you need another biopsy. I feel sorry that this happened to you! :(

take care
lovelily
ps....just my opinion

Thank you Crystal!

I agree about the bra thread! The guys crack me up. :)

take care
lovelily

WE ARE NOT BUSY UN-SNAPPING BRAS! WE CAN'T.

(but we're thinking about it)

:mrgreen:

Oh quit whining! :-D Human nature being what it is, I have seen many instances where the couple can get creative when they put their minds to it, LOL!

Unsnapping Bras

I agree with PDaddy. I can't unsnap a bra strap anymore. But luckily, my lovely wife and caregiver extrordnaire doesn't wear one around the house.

Lucky me,
Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back