Not open for further replies.

tymbark92

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PL
I am in similiar situation. It started fasciculations. Then i read about ALS. Now I "feel" like my left arm/hand is weaker.

But as I understood on this forum - FEELING weak doesnt mean ALS, right? ALS is CAN'T!

Can I ask You People with ALS do you actually feel some weakness or something when arm/hand is completely at rest? Because I do.

Your post was moved because you are not allowed to post on other people’s threads. Please if you need to post more stay on this thread.
I do not feel at all weak. I feel completely normal as I type this. Even when I am trying to move a paralyzed body part it feels fine. This is what we try to convey when we say failure not feeling. It is very very hard to understand if you are not experiencing it

Ok first of all, sorry for my english (but i learn this great language, i love you english-speakers) <3 I would write as short as i can, because i respect Your time. I'm 29. Ofc I read post about perceived weakness. Its really helpful.

I am terrified about ALS. Please help me understand, my life looks like horror last days. Neurologist says Im ok. EMG is too painful, I dont go for it (for now at least)

25.09 - fasciculations in leg and back
27.09 - fasciculations everywhere
04.10 - bicep is twitching most time, fasciculations everywhere but not too often
05.10 - i started feel that my arm/hand is weaker + everything above

It feels like it's weak even at rest. But... I can do things by this hand as good as in other, I belive. I checked stregth at home. I can squizze the bottle, I can write, handle something heavy. But still I feel like this hand is "clumsy", "low-power"...

1. Does fact that I got same strength but im clumsy rule out clinical weakness?
2. Can ALS symptoms start that fast? In 2 weeks so many symptoms.
3. As I understood - ALS isnt disease that "making your muscle less stronger" , I understood that its disease which "it disturbs the impulses in order to be able to perform some activities", so in fact you got "strength" in your muscle, but "you just cant use it"? Am I right? It's really hard to understand.

I want to understand those things because I'm really smart guy. I just fear those diseases, ALS, cancers, etc...

It would be so nice to understood all this so I can start living without fear.

I'm so sorry that you suffer from illness anxiety disorder. You have written that you also suffer fear of many terminal illness, not just ALS. Knowing this, plus already being told by the doctor that you're fine, do you think coming to a forum for those living with this disease is fair? You know deep down that you don't have ALS. If you cannot let this fear go, you must go talk to a professional. Don't let this fear rule your life.

I wish you a path to healing and getting out of the rabbit hole of having an illness anxiety disorder.

Take good care

Last edited:
Thank You.
Im still curious what other people think.

Tymbark, we are not really here to satisfy curiosity. Once you have been provided answers, it's best to move on. If you have further questions about your symptoms, please visit with a doctor to address them. I am closing this thread. Please to not start another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back