Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
HI
City
Honolulu
I started to have the weakness in my legs about a month ago it seemed to get better a bit not reall though and I still had the spasicity and cramping.

I now have twitches primarily always in my left leg and near my knee and calfs and thigh. I have the twitching in my right leg some times. I now how a really weak right thumb I'm just weak all over some times it feel kinda ok like yesterday I was walking around the park. Then sometimes I just cant walk at all and my muscle are tight and twitching and I get spouts of nausea too. I don't see the wave pattern I think is supposed to happen with the twitiching? but I do feel some sort of like throbbing sensation in my knee tendons always and get twitches I feel in my calfs and thighs at least 1 or 2 a minute. I'm extremely worried I might have this disease and I'm only 22.

I am really weak in my arms too and my right thumb is really shaky. I try to drink a lot of water it does nothing I eat it does nothing. I try to get out it only makes me feel weaker. I'm just totally fatigued everywhere and have twitching all in my lower half it seems switches from leg to leg each day nearly. one day my left leg is cramped and horrible next day right. they both have feelable twitches.

Hi-

You posted a little while ago and were told that twitching alone doesn't mean much. If you are seriously concerned, you need a visit and examination by a doctor. Just like coughing is indicative of anything from a dry throat to lung cancer- twitches mean all sorts of things. Your twitches don't mean a whole lot unless a doctor finds other symptoms that give them pause for concern.

Your symptoms are about sensation (too tired,tight muscles, nausea). That just doesn't fit the pattern of ALS. However, it does appear you are feeling quite unwell. It would be a shame you have to live in discomfort when you could go to a doctor to find out what's actually wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back