Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Cheshire
City
Warringotn
Hello,

I have been suffering from small twitches and have managed to convince myself I have ALS, twitching (legs and arms) and pain (left thigh) are my only symptoms and both are explainable:

I have done alot of running recently and did not warm up, that explains the pain in my legs (it feels like a minor pulled muscle). I often pull this.

I have also been very anxious recently and stressed out, the twitches actually get worse when I stress over ALS and near go when I stop thinking about it.

Please convince me that I am fine.

Regards,

Chris.

Note, the twitches started a few days after I started arguing with my best friend which stressed me.

Why are you here?

We can not convince you further. ONLY you can do that. Go see a therapist. Don't prey on people who actually have this disease to CONVINCE you that you are so lucky you don't have it. It's unkind. You know what your problem is...please don't waste our time. Good luck to you with your pulled muscle and stress.

Please convince me that I am fine.

We can't. And it's a waste of our time and energy to try. Anyone who would jump to the conclusion that he has ALS, given the symptoms you've cited, has problems only a qualified mental health professional should attempt to tackle.

Good luck to you.

Anxiety will cause twitching as well s exercise. it is normal to have twitches withh muscle over use. Twitching doesn't mean ALS.

I like your answer. I've been reading posts that fustrate me and I don't have ALS. I can't even imagine how it feels to be diagnosed with this horrible disease and read some of these posts. Like I mentioned I am a physical therapist and work with and have been educated in neuromuscular diseases. Everyone is so quick to jump to conclusion ALS. ALS is such a rare disease. In school were learned about it and treated a pt. with it but I am far from having a good understanding of this disease. I know symptoms that definitely are unrelated to ALS. (sensory involvement being one) I came on this forum to gain knowledge secondary to symptoms my boyfriend is having. I truly appreciate all the feedback. I can't even imagine what is like to have an ALS diagnosed. I just pray that they will find a cure and soon! I wish everyone all the best!

I really do apologise for upsetting you and understand why you are angry, of course I cannot begin to understand what you are feeling. I wish you all the best of luck.

It is amazing how some get so angry from such a concern from Chris. I understand that his symptoms are nothing to compare to ALS, but a simple explanation to him would have come across much nicer than attacking him and suggestting a therapist. I feel it would be different if Chris would have continued with his questions after such an explanation or simply referring him to reading previous postings. After all, the name of this forum is: Do I have ALS? Is this ALS?
Best Regards,
Artisto

Chris, read aboutbfs period com and see if the folks that can offer you support. benign fasciculation (twitches) without weakness are really nothing to worry about.

Posting links sends off to mods--but the link is in the sticky posts at the top. Hope you find some help and feel better.

It is amazing how some get so angry from such a concern from Chris. I understand that his symptoms are nothing to compare to ALS, but a simple explanation to him would have come across much nicer than attacking him and suggestting a therapist. I feel it would be different if Chris would have continued with his questions after such an explanation or simply referring him to reading previous postings. After all, the name of this forum is: Do I have ALS? Is this ALS?
Best Regards,
Artisto

If Chris had taken the time to read the stickies first he would have found answers to his questions without troubling any us. We find it difficult to understand how anyone can post here without first noticing the stickies.

Trust me - we are a very sympathetic bunch - when there is at least some indication of a poster making a minimal effort to help themselves first. That was not apparent here - hence the frustration on our part.

I am having to type all of this using only my big toe.

'nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back