00/0000
Country
UK
State
NY
City
Birmingham
Hi all.

I am 28 years old and have had twitching in both my thighs for 3 months. The twitching mainly happens at rest and pops up in random spots on my thighs rather then consistently on one place. The twitch lasts for a second and is not alway visible. I have no other symptoms at the moment. However the twitching in general on my thighs is pretty consistent.

I had twitching in my eye brow however this was inconsistent and has since stopped, and sometimes in my arms but again is more inconsistent then my thighs. And sometimes on my calf

I just was wondering if this sounds like ALS ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi there- please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

It explains a whole variety of things and addresses twitching in particular. Twitching does not mean ALS, as you will read in the above link, unless accompanied by other specific symptoms- so it sounds like you can leave ALS behind as a worry.

Take care

One last thing, does the fact both thighs are twitching point more towards ALS rather than if it was just one thigh twitching ? And would after 3 months of constant twitching would you typically have seen muscle weakness (or another ALS symptom) by now if it was ALS ?

thanks for your help.

Hi there,

It's not clear you've read the link provided. You are just reporting twitching. Twitching is like coughing and means nothing on its own. If you are concerned, please start with a doctor.

As Shiftkicker says, twitching means nothing, squat, zero, nada. It's not even on the list of how one gets diagnosed with ALS.

Good luck to you and take care.

This twitching has now also spread to my tongue. This is just one small part of the tongue near the front on the left side, it happens every 20 seconds or so, although sometimes it can be a minute apart . No other symptoms (apart from the previous spoken about thigh twitching) is it possible this is all a symptom of anxiety ? Or does the fact the twitching has spread to my tongue mean that it’s more likely to be ALS. Not sure there is many other possible reasons for the new tongue twitch. Sorry I’m just worried.

Please read the link provided again, as it's not clear you've read it yet. If you have further questions about twitching, visit with your doctor. This thread is closed, please don't open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back