Twitching Question & Muscle Pain Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lydia,
When I was first diagnosed with MS back in the mid 1980's, I buzzed all the time. It seemed to go away after the first couple of years. No more buzzing now, but muscle spasm and tender muscles remain a problem. Having a massage is like torture for me--before MS I loved them.
Laurel

Hi Darla~

Of course I remeber you, my fellow twitching mom! I am glad to hear that there are no changes in your health! I understand how you feel with the twitching and still being a little concerned. I think the one thing that will help with your BFS, will be the longer you go with twitching and nothing else developing. So, hang in there. If you want to go to your neuro, I say go. You dont sound like you are obessing and it has been since last July. If you go and all checks out then you can continue with a postive attitude! I think with this it takes time.

Thanks for the comment on my kids! Ijust love dressing them up. My husband thinks my boys look like waiters in thier tuxudeo outfits! And, GRace..forget about it. I am 'training' her to keep her bows and head bands in. I make those bows fit on her and when she pulls them out I say NO, and put back in. Over and over. We are at a point where she keeps them in and other moms say 'I cant believe she keeps those bows in". My husband thinks it is a form of child abuse. OH well, I have waited for a girl all these years and I love matching all her clothes to hair peices.

Take care!

april

Thanks Al and April for your kind responses.

April, thanks for understanding how I feel. My husband is of no support when I worry or talk about my symptoms. He just gets annoyed or angry. He thinks I should just forget about the twitching, but its difficult when I've never twitched for 35yrs and now out of no where I'm going on 10months.

Your're right though, the more time passes the less I do worry.

So, you never told me how you are doing. Are your symptoms getting any better?

I have to mention that my girls have had bows in their hair since they werer born. I think since they've been wearing hair accesories since they were a few hours old, they thought it was a part of their head and never bothered with them. I'm with you on this one, a cute hair bow is not negotiable. It must be worn! Sorry Dad, we glamour girls have to stick together!

Have a good night!

Darla

hi

i have had the buzzing in my legs since i first started with the umn symptoms.
was tested for some years for ms.
over the past year or two the buzzing is not as bad as it was.

with twitches,i used to get definate big ones you could sometimes see through your clothes,now they are more like beth's. just gentle ones i hardly feel and you have to look carefully for movement under the skin.

i have had some cramp,possibly weakness(not sure as its my left hand that is effected not dominant right hand) the other day i noticed rythmical movement in the centre of the palm.
i tried to convince myself you have a pulse point there so not to panic.

April, Darla

About little girls and hair bows, April I guess my older kids are about the same age difference as yours, right now they are 25, 23, 21. I had two boys first, then I finally had a girl, my boys had thick curly hair and then my daughter came out bald until about age two. That did not stop me, she wore a dress and hairbow about everyday, toothpaste on the bow and whala. People thought I was crazy but she was my little girl.

Renee

The blondie in my avatar was baldie too (Had to imagine because she has even more hair now.). We have some pretty cute photos from when she was about a year old, pulling some of the craziest faces.

It was daddy who gave her the first haircut too. Since she had a little patch of curls at the back of her head, it grew out faster than everything else. It started to look a bit like a rat-tail (remember those on boys in the 80's). One day when she was passing by, and I had scissors handy, I just leaned over and snipped it off.

Apparently I failed to anticipate her first professional haircut by about a week, and mommy was not happy with daddy ("You could have at least made it even!"). In fact I think I got in more trouble over that then a few late nights out with the guys. Needless to say daddy's haircutting adventures are now limited to giving the boys the occasional summer buzzcut ;)

Take care,

Robert

Oh Robert, if my husband did that......there would be h**l to pay! He already will take off her tights that match dresses becuase he 'thinks' they are uncomfortable for her. (they are not) or he USE to take out her headbands as baby becuase agian it must be squeezing her head. It took a few months to train my husband as well about how this little girl was gonna be dressed. Happy to say that we are all on the same page these days....like he had a choice. If he dresses her, he will put her in a green shrit and purple pants with a yellow headband or something.

Renee~you can relate. My boys had thick hair and then my Gracie is not bald, but thin hair and it is an amazing feat to get those hair things in but I do.

I was gonna play joke on my husbad and get those 'fake' ear rings for her, like I got her ear pierced. He would go CRAZY! and my whole family wants to be there when I do it, his reactions are priceless.....and I am really jokester on him, poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back