Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
City
Clermont
First off I want to say thank you to everyone in this forum for helping and being there for others, Especially during these difficult times and what you have been through!! I pray for all of you!! And pray that they find a break through for this disease!!

I have been having a constant muscle twitch on my left pectoral major for over a month. It’s like every 2 to 7 seconds non stop day and night! A week into getting the twitching I began to have sporadic twitching in all limbs, abdomen and shoulders but not constant and more noticeable at rest. The twitching on my foot feels happens more often. I have read that twitching means nothing without clinical weakness. But my limbs have gotten tired more quickly and felt heavier.

I saw a Nurse practitioner for neurology who set up an MRI with contrast of the brain and neck look for ALS, pinched nerve, or tumor. Test on May 3rd 2022.

If I may ask a couple questions. Can an MRI with contrast show ALS? If I request an EMG test on my chest would it be to early? Have you ever heard of ALS ever starting with twitch on the chest?

Thank you all so much for your time.

An mri can not diagnose ALS. Very occasionally they may see signs that suggest it as a possibility but it would need more testing to confirm. The mris PALS have en route to diagnosis are done primarily to rule out other things

if your twitching is a sign of dying motor neurons then yes an emg should show something. However while I suppose it is technically possible to emg chest muscles it is not usually done.

no I haven’t heard of ALS beginning this way

Nikki thank you for your reply and your time. I currently am having a lot of twitches on both calves feet and some on shoulders is that typical to have them in upper and lower body in the beginning of ALS? Also my legs and right arm have been feeling a burn in the muscle as if I had worked them out and they feel weak, feel very heavy….is that indicative of muscle weakness or a sign of ALS?

No, it's not a sign of ALS. Nikki gave excellent advice of which you should follow.

Take good care and I wish you all the best

Thank you for your responses!! I feel that we need to do a ice challenge part 2 and raise more funds to help find better treatments and possibly even a cure for ALS!!

Everyone who posts on here because they are scared they have ALS and then don’t! Please do not turn your backs!! Let’s all donate and bring awareness and fight this disease!!

Much love to all!!

Rhero024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back