Not open for further replies.

Pumba7

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
I wrote in a thread a couple of months ago and I promised my self I would start a new one and try to let it go but some new things happened that scares me and I just want to ask if this is alarming.
Thread 'Scared I might have als'
Scared I might have als

So after talking to you guys on the forum I slowly started to let the fear go, the twitching almost stopped completely.
At first it was the twitching that had me worried but I’ve noticed that almost everything on my right side is smaller than the left, I’m right handed. My calf is softer and smaller on the right side, same with the chest and bicep and this is always in the back of my mind pulling me back in to the fear. I got to the gym to try to fix the imbalances but I don’t know if its working. I’m always on alert for anything different and I look at pictures from years ago trying to see if the muscle imbalances always been there or if this is something new. I measure my muscles often just to see if they’re the same size, when I lift something with the left arm I often try it with the right arm to see if it feels the same and this is happening almost daily. Like yesterday at work I probably did a 100 calf raises just to see if I can get as high on my toes on the right like I can on the left.
I started to worry more 3 days ago when I noticed that my right chest is smaller then left chest and I started to fixate on the calf’s for some reason I started to film my legs to see if It looked the same when doing calf raises. But all this I could handle and I didn’t want to write here it feels wrong if I truly worry for nothing and just have a bad case of health anxiety but I woke up today and went for a smoke and I noticed that my index finger was moving on its own, it’s still moving now 40 minutes after. I noticed more twitching the last couple of days also. Is this something to worry about or could it be caused by stress/anxiety? I’ve had problems with the right shoulder for maybe 1.5 years I think it’s better now but I’d like to think that maybe my chest and bicep is smaller because I’ve been injured? But the I think why would the calf be smaller.

Here’s a video of the finger moving

If the muscle imbalances are atrophy would I already notice difficulties doing stuff?
My twitching started 28 February how can I now if these are benign?
I’m so sorry I write here again but the finger moving sent me over the fear edge.

Ugh, please don't post videos. Your questions were asked and answered in your previous thread. Further, you were asked to cease posting unless you were diagnosed with an MND. I'm quite sure this hasn't happened and, as such, these questions should be taken to your doctor. This forum is not to work out your health anxieties with the terminally ill. My apologies for being blunt, but please consider your audience and not how YOU feel.

Go see your doctor.
Twitching means nothing, you know it but are just letting fears rule you.

Your repetitive self-testing suggests health anxiety, that can and should be addressed with counseling, lest it take over your life.

I have an appointment on 29 aug regarding healt anxiety. But the finger is still moving on its own many hours after, maybe not as much as in the video but it also feels a little stiff. Do I need an emg, does anything I have point to als?

I will be closing this thread. It is very clear you are not able to gain reassurance here despite the efforts of multiple members. The purpose of this forum is not what you are attempting to use it for- please seek the appropriate assistance from your doctor and/or therapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back