Twitching/muscle cramps 9 months later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly honey, you don't have anything that would even remotely make anyone think of ALS.
I'm so glad you have had this confirmed yet again.
Will you believe it now?
You have been chasing this for a long time and yet the viral illness that began it all provides a very plausible and common reason for what is happening.

Please, don't continue. I say this because you are doing this in spite of being told it is not good for you.
No one can say more strongly that you don't present with ALS.

Now it is up to you to stop pursuing it and start getting back to health.
You can do this.

Hi everyone!
Thank you all so much for your advice and kind words. I have been feeling much less anxious this week. My neurologist's office called me a few days ago to let me know that I have low vitamin D and vitamin B12 and prescribed me supplements for each. I am wondering if that could have been contributing to some of my muscle twitching. Either way, I am definitely less stressed about the possibility of ALS after seeing the neurologist!

Yes both those deficiencies can have associated twitching as well as feeling weak and not well. It takes a while after replacement to feel yourself again but I am happy you are on the right path now

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give an update. I have been taking my vitamin B12 and vitamin D supplements, but my symptoms haven’t changed. My left calf and thigh still twitch constantly. Sometimes it almost feels like the muscles are vibrating and I can see them moving. It occasionally happens in my right leg, arm, or eyelid, but 98% of the time it’s in my left leg. Ive also been having a lot of muscle cramps in just my left leg and foot. My left leg also feels weak sometimes - I can still walk, but it definitely feels weaker and shakier than my right leg. I am still really worried about the possibility of ALS despite my last appointment with my neurologist. I’m not sure what else could be causing this. It began last May after I was sick, but I would have thought that it would have gotten better by now (or at least not worse, which it has been in the past few weeks).

It would be best to return to your neurologist to discuss possibilities. You've been cleared of ALS, so this forum is not the right place, but you are deserving of care, so a neuro would be your next stop. Post viral syndromes are varied in expression and sometimes long lasting.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back