00/0000
Country
FR
State
ID
City
Paris
Hello Everyone!

I'm a 29 year old male living in France.

First of all i'd like to say that I'm really sorry for everyone that has been diagnosticated with ALS or any other disease like that. Also, I've read your forum's policy as well as numbers of posts before posting. I'm also "well" informed thanks to our dear scary friend Google. Let's be Intellectually honest, I'm a bit of an hypochondriac. I'm always listening to my body, probably too much. Being hypochondriac doesn't protect from being sick one day though...

Everything started at the begining of June when I had weird-body-wise feeling: weak balance, difficulty walking, feeling of weakness (I know ALS is not consistent with feeling but I guess it always starts with a "feeling"), being super tired and had low sport performances.

Anyway, I then started to do some researchs and shortly after that experienced my first twitching in the shoulder, it then moved to my left hand, my left calf, the other calf and started to pretty much appear everywhere. I had a lot of pain in my calves that then went away. I now have consistent (a solid 24/24) twitching in my body. I insist, NO REST ever. I'm like a drum. Joey Jordison (Slipknot) is slow compared to my calves.

I got an EMG in July but nothing seemed to be abnormal. The doctor said it was fine but I should have another EMG 6 months later (December) to see if there is any progression since the fasciculations are here and never leave.

Since then I've been experiencing muscle shaking (a lot) when working out or after a run, hand shaking while holding my phone for example (I'm not talking about a small shaking, I mean a proper one when I can't even hold it if not with my two hands).

My questions are pretty straight-forward:
- was the first EMG too early and how bad is the possibility of having a positive EMG (aka ALS) after a negative one?
- If it's not that (and I hope so) any idea what could cause that?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

not too early. And the chance of something turning up later? very very small. Almost infinitesimal

benign fasciculation syndrome.

Hello Nikki! Thank you for your answer:) I will try to stick to that and find ways to lower fasciculations:) have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back