Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
LV
State
LV
City
Latvia
Hello, i read post about ‘read before posting’ but i have so much fear about my twitching. I am 26 old male and twitching about 17 months . I visited 3 neuros but all of them said its anxiety. Clinical exam was clear 3 times. No clonus, no high reflexes, all strength test was ok. I didnt have EMG because all neuros says no need EMG with clear exam.
i twitch 24/7 in feet, more in left. I cant feel it but if i use lightning i can see small twitching. If i stress i have random twitch all over body. Today i ran just 500 meter end my feet started twitch so hard.
I just like to ask. I read stories from your forum about twitching as first symptom.

Is it real to be ALS after 17 months and clear exam and no weakness?
You saw anyone who develop ALS after so long period of twitching?
Should i try to ask emg ?
i am so sorry than i ask it, because ita not forum for guys like me, there is forum for people who have als, but i am really adraid and want to Listen people who have experience In that.
My english is second language so i hope you will understand me.

No , no and no.

you might want to visit the reddit bfs ( benign fasciculation syndrome) group. There are a lot of people who have or had similar symptoms and worries.

Why I see people here who said twitching is first of their symptom. They had clear emg and clinical and than develop als.
How it works if there is cases like this and you still say its impossible .
I am sorry, where i am not correct?

Don’t know who you are referencing and not going to argue. Twitching with normal clinical exams and no weakness for 17 months is not going to be ALs. Did people with ALS ever twitch before onset ? Sure but the fact is that everyone twitches sometimes and the other fact is those people who say they only had twitching ended up with abnormal clinical exams very quickly

you are free to believe what you want

You do not have ALS. That is fortunate!

There are things you can do to twitch less. You can work on eating and drinking in a balanced way, reducing stress, improving sleep and exercise, and interacting with people and passions that you enjoy. If you really commit to all these things and do them, you will reap the benefit now and throughout your life. If you keep worrying about a disease you don't have, your health will only suffer and your twitches will likely not improve.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back