Twitching in thighs at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that does sound like clonus. I have it in my left thumb. If I hold it in a certain position it starts up. I showed it to Mayo and they said it was clonus. Sometimes it does it on its own. It also does it a lot when I try to use my left hand too much.

Clonus will often stop by repositioning the limb.

Everyone is different. For me it is a very temporary fix if at all and my leg doesn’t totally relax until it finishes. It is impossible to describe properly but it is better for me to just let it go. It is worse and happens more when I am cold

Yes Nikki the cold too! One of Chris's earliest symptoms was jaw clonus if any cool breeze hit him. We didn't even think anything of it, except to have a little laugh at it.
On his first visit and diagnosis at the MND clinic the neurologist brought a heap of medical students in to observe how easily the clonus could be triggered. It didn't feel funny again after that visit.
Chris developed leg clonus quite late in the progression and it was usually triggered when preparing for a transfer.
You are right about how different each can be. That's one of the things I find so powerful about this forum - so often there are multiple answers due to differences and by having lots of responses, the person asking usually finds the answer that fits their situation.

The 100 mg gabapenten at night and 10 mg baclofen mid day seem to be helping. Fasciculations much less, clonus type leg jerking less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back