Twitching in the calves, had an EMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were pictures of the legs. The right leg is the smaller, weaker leg. The muscle are really shrunked. I don't understand what is happening

Attachments

• 15592277872625282487916507357245.jpg
    15592277872625282487916507357245.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 356
  • 15592278096069084200333466433081.jpg
    15592278096069084200333466433081.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 364
You need to stop. Your follow up emg is in 2 weeks. Please post the results and your doctor’s opinion but we can not add anything to our comments. If you need to vent your worry there are anxiety forums to do that. We can’t diagnose you and we do not have the resources to hold your hand.

No need to reply. No more posts until after the emg

Hello!

Sow i had my two appointments with the Neurologists.
The one who did my Clinical exam said that everything was ok and she said that's it not somethibf freightning.

After that the visit with my main Neurologist. He did the follow up EMG. He said that everything was the same as the last one in february. But he said that he could see that something has damages my right leg muscles, he couldn't see when or what it was in the past.

Now i have a folluw up with my GP to discuss the results. It's keep frustrating me what's going or with the right leg.

And thank you for your commends.

Sow i came back from my GP to discuss the results of the EMG. The Neurologist told me that he saw, hope i say it right in English. Damage at a nerve tract. L1-L2L3, he said that the second EmG was better then the first one and that i may caused by a virus of infection. Its really frustrating that first they said it's BFSyndrome, then that the saw damage myopathy etc etc. I just hope it will stop. If i want to search muscle atrophy by virus, i Cant find a lot of information. Only about polio.

Thank you for your kindness.

Good news with regards to your emg showing no ALS and in also showing improvements. That's great and means ALS should no longer be a worry for you.

Your neurologist would be the best person to explain to you what your particular results mean and what they think might be next steps. This forum is for those diagnosed with ALS and their caregivers and can only provide general information pertaining to its focus, ALS.

Best wishes

If there is a viral myopathy, PT may help.

Doctors sometimes change their approach based on the best evidence they have, just like you do, in the things you do well.

The good news, you don't belong here. All the best.

Thank you for your reactions!

I have a follow up in august.

It's just, atrophy in the upperleg, body wide twitching. The only thing they said is nothing serious, we only see that you had "something" in the past that affected your neves"

Everytime i want to check what Else can make these upperleg atrophy and body twitching, keeps me gnawing.

But thank you.

Sorry for sending you back

Im now 7 months into this

Next tuesday i have my third EMG with the last two they cleared me out of something sinister but that right leg keeps getting smaller. Specially around the thighs, it's 3-4 CM smaller then the left thigh.

You can see it through the pants.

I can still do tiptoes, button shirts etc etc.
But that leg is getting so fast tired.

Also the inside is so flappy. No muscle tissue

Are there some questions that i should ask at the neuro?
Because is it no sinister, why is there no progression in that leg. I just hope that this third EMG Will be the same. Because normally if it was bad, the two others emg's should already said that?

Ty for the help, sorry for my faults. English is not my native language.

I will keep an update after this tuesday.

Ask him specifically why he believes your one leg muscles are atrophy and what you should do about it.

Do NOT bring up ALS. Let him do his job and accept his advice.

Ok, sorry for interrupting you.

I had last week my appointment with the neuro to discuss the results of the EMG's.

She told me that the second one was better then the first one. She said that it has to be and old injury or a virus that damaged the nervetract.
She didn't checked my leg. I told her that i still have bodywide twicthing and nervepain and that that right leg is still smaller, than the left one.

She and the other neuro told me not to worry, that now i have "baggage" to carry with that right leg.

I have to do now a check up emg next year.

I also go to a psychologist to talk about it.

The thing that keeps scaring me, is that I read stories with good EMGs and then turned into something bad. Normally they should have seen that because of the two emg's, shouldn't they?

I have one more checkup in September.

Thank you very much for listening and helping me, I'm definitely going to support this foundation. At least here you will be listening and look for solutions.

Really, thank you in advance.

Axl,

You have what this forum is intended for incorrect. This forum is set up to help those with ALS, or their caregivers, with advice and help. For those wondering f they have ALS, the forum is here to answer a few questions, but once someone has been cleared of having ALS, such as yourself, that person is to move on and not try to seek help for what they think they may have, by way of using this forum. It is not up to the folks here to provide you with solutions. That is for your doctors to do. Please see a psychologist, as I feel that you will benefit from that more than you will chasing a disease you do not have.

I sincerely wish you the best. Take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back