00/0000
Country
UK
State
CL
City
Stockton-On-Tees
Hi all

First of all i have to say this is one amazing site, been reading all through the forums and the advice you all give is always spot on.

Anyways my question

I am a 33 yr old male with no real health issues, however this morning when i woke up i have an annoying twitch, its located just above my mouth on the left side and slightly to the left. You can actually see it twitching in the mirror. It started about 9am and its now coming up to 2pm and its still twitching away. Not all the time but maybe for about a minute then it will go away for 10 then come back and do it all again.

I relalise that it could be a million things but could this be the start of ALS?

How long should i leave it before i get it checked out?

Thanks for all your help

Chris

Chris, from everything I've read or heard, its completely normal to have twitches in our faces sometimes. Everyone gets them. If you continue with them, look up benign fasciculations and read about that. Honestly though, no worries for you! take care, :)

thank you so much for your advice, really appreciate it

It could be Bell's palsy. This is benign and treatable but you may need a Doc to look at it. If it is still there or spreads, after the weekend your GP might want to look at it.

Around the corners of the mouth and eyes are the most common places to get benign twitches. Stress and fatigue can make them occur more frequently.

Robert

Thinking you have ALS usually makes twitches worse. You most likely don't. If you can control the worry you may stop twitching.

AL.

hi chris uk

i just posted on your other twitching thread.
basically i am saying the same as on that thread.
facial twitching/tics are normal,i get them around the left side of my mouth/nose.
however i get fasic's and spasms in my lower right face/ jaw that are painfull and distort my mouth,they are worrying.
take good care.
caroline:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back