Other
Country
US
State
mi
City
holland
Hi Everyone,
I am almost 40 and a female. First of all, I admire and respect all of you out there who have been diagnosed with ALS and appreciate that you are willing to help others out and answer these questions.
I have had muscle twitching on and off for about 20 years. They have been all over body twitching. I did see a neurologist and he did an EMG about 5 years ago and it was negative, and he chalked it up to BFS.
Recently, my twitches returned, same as they always are but this time, in addition to being all over my body, they are constant in my left foot. Sometimes I can feel them in my right but always in my left. And these twitches are different. They are very small, like a tiny pin poking your skin all over my whole foot. One at a time. Kinda like a pop, pop, pop. I did go to my family doctor when this started (about 5-6 weeks ago) and they ran bloodwork. Come to find out, my B12 level was low. It was 202 and normal is 220-960. I am currently getting B12 injections but I've heard that it takes awhile for them to kick in. I had 4 root canals back in the summer and was on heavy duty antibiotics and they think they just depleted my system of B12. In addition to the constant tiny twitches, I also have intermittent pain in my feet, and very rarely, cramping, if I stretch my feet a certain way. The only onther concerns that would make me fear ALS is that sometimes my tongue feels numb and thick and it feels like it's difficulot to talk. I have not noticed any slurring and no one has mentioned to me that I am slurring. I once in a while bite the sides of my tongue, but then again, my new crowns are a little bothersome since they are quite a bit bigger than my regular teeth were and maybe I am just having a hard time adjusting to them.
One last thing. My right arm was numb for awhile and then my two last fingers on that hand didn't close as tight. Now that arm has some pain and when I straighten it out all the way, my elbow or shoulder will sometimes crack. Is that an ALS symptom?
Sorry to bother you with all these questions, but I am just a little concerned because of the twitches being a little different than they have always been. However, I am full aware that my low B12 can cause alot of neurological symptoms. My doctor says without any weakness, he is not concerned about MND.
Again, thanks to all of you who have been diagnosed with this disease and once again, I appreciate your help. Good luck to you.
Missile

Hi I noticed nobody answered your question and i'm interested in what happened because i have similar symptoms like the twitching in the foot and thickness of the tounge with the pain and stiffness when straightening arm... let me know how this all went

Sorry BBallPlayer but that post is 2 years old. You might want to start your own new thread.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back