00/0000
Country
SW
State
SE
City
Norrköping
Hi!

I really need some help since im scared out of my mind. 37 year old male.

A week ago i got twitches in my left thigh just above the knee. I have had this before but not for a week like now. It varies from small ripples to more visible twitching (its less apparent now then a week ago overall)

It comes and goes, I feel it when relaxing NOT when walking, standing and for the Most part when im occupied with things.

I have no weakness or anything like that. I feel perfectley healthy otherwise.

I know that Als have more symptoms than just twitching but this is more or less the same area all the time, that worry me. That and that it's not gone after a week.

I sleep uneven at best (we have a 3 month old baby and a 3,5 year old that comes to our bed always every night.

I have just started to try some magnesium.

Like I said, scared out of my mind right now...

Please read the yellow stickies. They will tell you why you should not be thinking of ALS at all. Relax.

Please read the yellow stickies. They will tell you why you should not be thinking of ALS at all. Relax.

Thank you, I did, I feel better now.:smile: I'm sorry for starting a thread and all that but Google can be a powerful thing and I just read somewhere that twitching when presented in the same place could be ALS. But I guess that other symptoms need to be present as well.

What confuses me though is that there sometimes are stated that twitches (in the same place) that don't go away can be the first sign of ALS. But after reading here and over at aboutbfs.com I guess that is a common misunderstanding then.

Last edited:
Yep, unless you have weakness leading to inability to perform a task (such as inability to stand on heels or toes), ALS is not a consideration. Twitching in and of itself is common and nonspecific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back