Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
wv
City
Weirton
I am writing this hoping to ease the minds of you out there that have come upon this website when googling 'muscle twitching' and are now freaked out about the possibliity of ALS. I do not have ALS, but spent the past 3 months consumed with worry because of muscle twitching.

I started out with random twitches, which then settled into my right lats. I would have days where my rt. lats would twitch almost constantly. I was worried about ALS almost immediately (thanks to my internet searching) and my worry only grew as my twitching became more focal.

I felt myself having so many symptoms. Muscle pain, weakness, voice changes. My husband would tell me that I developed every symptom I read about. At the time, I thought he was in denial, but now I think he was right.

I have since been seen by a neurologist and had a clean EMG. Miraculously enough, once I let go of the stress and worry, my twitching STOPPED!

Please believe the people on this site when they tell you stress can cause twitching! It did for me. It this did not happen to me, I probably would not of believed it. the mind is so powerful.

Save yourself alot of heartache and tears. Just because you have some twitches, do not get consumed with fear about this disease. It truely only makes things worse.

People twich all the time for no reason at all. If you worry about every little jump your body makes, you will drive yourself crazy. And you'll probably twitch evern more!

This is a fantastic web site, and I truely care for the friends I have made here. If you are having serious concerns you've found a wealth of information, support, encouragement, friendship, the list could go on and on.

I just thought if I could help ease a few people's minds regarding twitching, I would try.

Best of luck to everyone and remember--don't worry, be happy (soooo corny!)

Darla

That's great news.

I am glad to hear something good for a change. :)

Good news like yours always boosts the morale of people on this site.

Congratulations Darla and good for you for believing what your neuro told you. So many people on here find that difficult to do after having convinced themselves that they have ALS.

Maybe we should make this thread a "sticky" so those that are worried about twitching can calm themselves a bit.

Excellent news and even better to have the good grace to share to ease the worry of others, hopefully. Take good care.

Darla:

Thank God for your good outcome. Glad to hear you are fine.

Thanks Darla for posting good news. Always glad to have good news. Think I will stick this for a while.

AL

Darla, I am so glad you do not have ALS. Praise God! Enjoy your life and freedom. Thank you for sharing with us the good news.

Hey guys, this post is over 2 years old. Other than Wright and I, none of the others have posted in nearly a year.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back