00/0000
Country
UK
State
BC
City
Keighley
Hi everyone šŸ˜

Thank you in advance for listening to my symptoms and taking the time to give me your thoughts. I am a 34 year old female of previously good health (I do have alopecia, which is always good fun šŸ˜‚).

I started with a persistent eye twitch in my right eye in Dec 19. I was stressed and tired and the time and gave it little thought, just assuming it would go away. It did not. Sometimes it twitches relentlessly all day and other times hardly at all...Iā€™ve had 3 good days in a row now but who knows about tomorrow?!? It always twitches in the same spot. If it is calm it seem to be triggered again if I am tired, yawn/sneeze or even rub cream on my face! To look at my eye it looks totally normal, no drooping and I can see fine. So I wasnā€™t too worried about this.

However, in the last 10 days my twitches have gone everywhere! My other eye (above and below the eye), lip, shoulders blades, stomach, insides and outsides of arms, thumbs, thighs, calves and feet. Iā€™m also convinced I had one on my scalp, if that doesnā€™t sound too mad?!? They seem to be when Iā€™m resting (lying in bed/watching tv) and go away when I move. They seem to go all over the place. One twitch here and one twitch there. Sometimes it is just a single twitch. Other times a series of twitches until I move the muscle but as soon as I move itā€™s gone. The only one thatā€™s in a really settled pattern is my first eye
twitch which I have now had for about 6 months.

Other than that I feel well. Iā€™ve been to gp and my bloods are all fine. When he rang me he talked about this basically ruling out MS which I wasnā€™t overly concerned about being a possibility. I asked him about ALS but he didnā€™t know what that was and I explained to him that twitching can be an onset symptom. On that basis he referred me to neurology but explained that it could be a long wait for an appointment due to the fact that they are not making referrals at the moment due to Covid.

The last few days Iā€™ve been trying to look after myself better, get more sleep, cut out caffeine etc but canā€™t help counting every twitch I get and wondering if it is something sinister. I have a little girl and we are currently in the process of trying for another baby and canā€™t help wondering if I should be given this recent onset!

So I guess my question is should I be worried?

Thank you in advance. Many thanks, Laura

In short no.twitching matters not. Read the important post at the top of the subforum and then read the report of this personā€™s visit with Dr Appel who is a leading ALS experts who has been treating ALS longer than you have been alive and see what he said about all over twitching EMG/NCS advice

So you weren't concerned about MS, but you were about ALS and then explained your lack of knowledge of what it is to a doctor? Sorry but I'm incredulous
I'm so happy to tell you that twitching means nothing. You have ZERO ALS symptoms.

Please read this through twice, very carefully as it explains things really well.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Thatā€™s really helpful, I have read the information and thatā€™s good to know, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back