Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
Hello all.

I have read both the sticky and others' posts. For almost three months I've experienced almost constant twitching in my calves. It comes and goes in severity and gets worse after exercise and will migrate to my quads. Occasionally it will appear in my shoulders, biceps, or neck. I also have had horribly tight calves that won't losen when stretching. They don't cramp but they seem close often. I did notice when lifting my leg my quad started pulsating after a minute. It wasn't shaking but it was flexing very hard on and off. I also seem to have overactive reflexes when using the computer or writing. I'm not attempting to self-diagnose hyperreflexia, I just know I'm moving in a more jerky way than I used to.

I should add that I'm only 21.

Does this sound remotely like ALS?

Not at all like ALS onset. What has your doctor said? It would be important that you bring your questions to your doc before looking for opinions from strangers on the internet.

The stickies say that jerks and twitching without clinical weakness means nothing; please believe this. Your twitching could be due to stress, lack of sleep, or too much caffeine.

Good luck to you.

I'm sorry you're experiencing these symptoms. Usually, fasciculations go away unless they are provoked by something you're doing or not doing. Proper hydration and some magnesium might help.

I would recommending seeing your GP since twitches can be caused by many things. It's probably necessary to check your electrolytes and get some other blood work.

I wish you the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back