Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Glasgow
First of all let me say a thank you for all the posters who are willing to help out with people worrying about possible ALS
I’m a 28 year old man and have been experiencing widespread switching for the last 3 months, they seem to be worse when anxious.
I have been to my doctor twice who has advised they believe it to be anxiety but have never carried out any physical checks. I have tried these tests with my partner by following YouTube videos.
I have recently noticed my running gait is slightly off and after speaking with my physio he has advised this could be some lower body weakness that is causing this and has given me some exercises.
I am still able to run, jump, climb stairs and have full range of motion.
Does this sound like possible ALS or is my mind running wild. I’m worried that potential muscle weakness is causing other muscles in my leg to cover this which is making my running gait slightly different or could it be that I’ve barely been off the couch for 8 weeks due to the COVID lockdown?
Any help would be appreciated

Even IF you have weakness which is far from established jumping to ALS is not rational. And to have your partner ( presumably not a doctor) watching youtube to examine you?

certainly 8 weeks of relative immobility will cause deconditioning. Get up from the couch and do some strength work. Don’t worry

Switching should be twitching**

Thank you for the reply, sometimes it’s hard to rationalise thoughts when full of worry

Read this through twice to understand you don't need to be here (congrats!)

Thank you, again I’m really sorry for posting but thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate you both taking the time to listen to my worry and you’ve helped calm some of my nerves and hopefully these Twitches will ease off!!

Closed for multi id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back