Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Nashville
I want to first start with how brave and caring you are! To be going through your own hell but still answering questions for others! I pray for each and every one of you.
I have read the sticky and thank you for answering a lot of my questions. I still am confused slightly if twitching can actually be a starting symptom of ALS or not. I know the sticky says probably not but I have read through threads where it was the starting symptom. So I don’t know what is actually the truth? And I have also read where low B12 can mimic ALS but I can’t get any info on exactly how? My DR. says mine is low normal at 257 and I am now on a supplement. Can low B12 cause muscle twitching? Thank you for your time.

Low B12 can cause some neurological symptoms, but it would usually need to be lower than 257.
Twitching rarely is the first sign of ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described. ALS usually presents with inability to do something (failure) due to muscle weakness.

Thank you so much for your reply. I have had muscle twitching for 7 weeks all over mainly legs and I am just don’t know why but you are correct with absolutely no weakness or failure. Google is a scary tool. Thank you again!

Nope twitching means nothing, I think the sticky was clear on that. All the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back