Twitching and leg cramps x 1month

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it’s not an early symptom. Pain and tingling are not symptoms of ALS. Please follow the advice of others who have posted here. It is time to log off, wait for neuro appt and address your anxiety.
Tracy

I finally had my appointment with my neurologist today and still twitching. After testing for clinical weakness and my reflexes, she found no red flags or cause for concern as of now. She believed my cause of twitching was most likely benign. I asked if I should have an EMG and she said while she didn’t suspect I needed one, she would schedule me one if I wanted. Should I go ahead with that? Or should I accept the neurologist at her word and move along.

There's no need for one according to the neuro, but you are asking strangers on the internet over the expertise of a neurologist who actually examined you. I think it's entirely up to you and what you feel you need to be able to move on.

Best of luck

(thread closed due to multi id)

Last edited:
It seems that people who have an EMG for reassurance very often then start questioning the results. Was it done too early? In the wrong muscles? Did the neuro do it incorrectly? None of those fears are realistic but commonly expressed here.

It is also not a cheap test. Either you or your insurance will pay a lot.

You had a normal exam. You are already cleared of ALS! Congratulations!

While you have concerns about ALS, you have 0 symptoms that would be associated with ALS. I need you to grasp the fact some people are on here typing with their eyes, in the active process of dying. Ask yourself if you were dying, how much time would you devote to massaging the neuroses of people who are otherwise healthy. This is a forum for people with ALS to get help and support. Take a step back and think why it is that you will not listen to your drs, ALS is a hardware problem, your issues are entirely software. We only do hardware here.....besides if you won't listen to a neurologist, why would you listen to us.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back