Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Ma
City
Boston
One year ago, I noticed fasciculations in my calves, which then spread throughout my body! My legs would cramp up, I felt like I was getting weaker, would constantly search for atrophy, my anexity went through the roof, people close to me thought I was having a breakdown! I seen a bunch of doctors, 4 different neurologists at MGH, emg, blood tests etc. I was told the weakness was perceived, there was no atrophy, and my emg was clean!

As of today, I still twitch like crazy, everywhere, if I put weight on one knee the muscle will shake, at rest it's everywhere, I still have bouts of anexity, but I realise that twitches do not mean ALS! I felt weak the other day, then at work I lifted a 400lb fridge without giving it any thought! If you twitch please visit the bfs forums!

One thing I have taken away from this, is that the people on this site are extremely caring and knowledgeable! For people that do eventually get over there anexity and twitching, spare a thought for the wonderful people who have ALS, donate to als research or the forums! I donate to MGH, I don't know what the future holds, but I try to enjoy every day regardless how bad it gets!

To the members on this site, you are amazing people, I pray for a cure

Thank you and I hope you're getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back