00/0000
Country
GR
State
DM
City
DM
Hello everyone,
First of all I appreciate your effort helping people with question with your knowledge. I have couple of questions because I am a bit worried.
So it has been a year since my First twitching started especially in my calves (both) with some sensory problems like burning sensation and worms crawling in my legs. I also twtiched all around my body but the calves were my hotspots. Fast forward to doctor, I Got an mri and emg. As a weighlifter, I sometimes would feel pain and irritation on my neck and back and even took time off due to some stabbing pain on my back and right leg (like sciatica) I believe. Mri showed protrusions, wear and tear and some degree of bulging around these problematic areas. And my doc kinda begrudgingly took me to Emg test because he thought I was Okay but I Just wanted to be sure everything was alright.
Emg results state that I have moderate chronic denervation and reinnervation in leg arms and shoulders varying in degrees (some are mild, some states large muaps etc) . But it also states that I have no acute changes whatsoever.
So my doctor Said you are clean and good to go. He talked abkut how spinal injuries alter your body in different ways.
After these results, I kept forward, however for this Last week I have been feeling worms under my skin, constant mild twitches and sometimes pins and needles in my both calves predominantly again. İt is like someone pulling my muscles from inside. And it feels like although I dont see much of it, my calves pop like popcorn underneath if I can describe correctly.
I read from previous posts that there has to be both acute and chronic denervation in muscles to identify a disease like Als. So my questions are
1. A year ago I had an mri showing only chronic denervation and reinnervation. İs there a way to miss an active denervation process, or to be more precise, does this process stop at times and maybe because of this, none of it captured?
1. I am twitching constantly about a week in both calves like crazy. İt happened before but not as sleep disturbing and impulsive like this. Can this mean an acute process which will lead to damage and death?
Sorry for long bothersome post. By the way I havent experienced function loss or anything so far like Pals describe (buttoning shirts, tripping over things etc.) . Only this twitching in calves dominantly and some generalized twitching around my body with a 1 year old Emg kind of suspious makes me feel actually I have something going on. Thank you a lot for the insight.
Much love.

Twitching without failure is meaningless. Sensory issues point away from ALS.

acute denervation in ALS is first, followed by chronic and they coexist from then on in ALS. It is an ongoing process. You mentioned large MUPs they are often found in muscular people and you stated you were a weightlifter. Btw many weightlifters twitch

closed, multi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back