Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PK
State
PU
City
Islamabad
I am 34 male. My father passed away from bulber ALS in 2019. I am suffering from extreme anxiety of ALS after his death.

A month before my whole body start twitching. I had been to neurologist. Power, reflexes and planter were all fine. After that i had EMG which was all clear. After two days of EMG my body start twitching again with stiffness in my right foot. After few days my tongue start twitching which was scary for me. Now my hands also feel cramped with twitching all the time on my arms or hands. I had been to neurologist again. Again he gave me report of good physical examination. Now i am feeling Weekness in my hands thumb and index finger

What you guys suggest should i go for another EMG ?

Very sorry about your dad. I am sure you were a great comfort to him.

As you know, even if he had a familial form of ALS, it would likely manifest in you later in life, not at a much younger age. A clean EMG, two good neuro exams, and what you have described are all additional reassurance toward the conclusion that you do not have ALS.

I would recommend counseling for the anxiety that you are having, that can certainly affect your physical wellbeing (including twitching and feelings of stiffness) and enjoyment of your health and life.

Best,
Laurie

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I would honestly suggest you sit down and talk this carefully through with your doctor and get some help dealing with your grief and your fears. You truly have been cleared of ALS. Even if were familial, you would not be dying of it just a couple of years after your father. Please get help, you can get through this

Thanks guys for your response. Only thing scared me is tongue twitching. Even in EMG only thing that was noticed few twitches on tongue at rest. Otherwise everything was normal. Only twitching of tongue can be early sign of ALS ?

Nope, twitching means nothing, no matter if it is in your pinky or your tongue.
Please, you need to do this with your doctor, not strangers on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back