Getalol101

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
AU
Hi all

i just want to ask a few questions cause im freaking out this last couple of months ive been having really bad twitches in my calves and sometimes i feel pain there like ive been walking for miles and sometimes it goes to other places like back or hands or even the jaw im just wondering if this is common for ALS i have a neuro appointment set up buts its long time away and my anxiety and fear is getting the best of me i am sorry to come here when i know there are people already dealing with so much but when i talk to my family about this they either say anxiety or dont stress any information is helpful and again thank you for taking the time to read this

Not the least like ALS.
Please read this really carefully.

Please go back to your GP and explain how scared you are if you can't wait to see the neuro. You can do phone consults to discuss your fears. Only you can control how you spend the waiting time, please don't let fear consume you when you are likely to be just fine.

thank you so much for the response, i know its selfish of me to ask questions like this on a forum with people suffering and for you to take time and actually answer is incredible the amount of people who ive tried to talk to just basically not giving me time of day or being told to wait feels like a death sentence when i know it shouldn't.

i have two more question if you have time but does ALS cause problem like muscles constantly needing to crack/pop thinking ankles? and the pain behind on my calves comes and goes isnt a sign of ALS either? again i want to apologise i live in Australia and its so hard to see someone let alone ask them question telehealth doesnt seem to help (1 on 1 video chat) cause when i asked about it they said they would need to see me which they cant for months again i want to thank everyone on this forum im not usually like this and i appreciate everything you do thank you and much love to you all

1) No. Try a stretching regimen when you get up and get your walks in every day.
2) No. Same thing as above -- start slowly and there are lots of good videos showing how to stretch your calves, ankles and so on, and do range of motion exercises, so you can gradually loosen up and not cause injury. At some point, physio or massage might help.

Best,
Laurie

If you read the post I directed to you again, if you have symptoms not addressed in there, they have nothing to do with ALS. So no and no.

Hi me again im so sorry to be back and im sorry to be annoying but im still worried and its hard for me to let things go especially when it comes to something like this. so recently ive been getting twitching in my left arm quite random intervals of pain and stiffness on either side of the arms but what really has me worried is this dent on the left i have on my forearm thats on one side its not a dent that can be seen but i can run my hand over it and feels completely different is this muscle atrophy or am i letting my worries get the best of me.

again i truly want to emphasize the fear and sadness i feel right now and i know its wrong for me to be on this page wondering if this ALS or not but apart of me is terrified ive spoken to my dr and all he advised was that i have to wait for a neuro and he has prescribed me anxiety medication thank you for your kind words.

Pain and stiffness are not part of ALS onset.

Most of us are asymmetrical -- our muscles do not feel the same side to side. If no one has commented on it, and there is no difference in function, there is no need to worry.

I would suggest you consider counseling for your fears while awaiting the neuro appointment.

You have answered yourself several times, please as requested with respect, go see your doctor and do not come back here. It is not good for you, and is not appropriate to ask dying people to help non ALS issues. I wish you all the best sorting this with your doctor.

hi thanks for the follow up and answering my fears honestly its hard. to talk to anyone about my fears i know its my anxiety and irrational fear of the unknown and i feel terrible coming here to ask and i know pain points away from ALS as does some symptoms. but in australia its so hard to talk anyone

honestly thank you it sounds foolish but these answers written directly for me about my dumb symptoms have eased me and made me realise that my fear and anxiety have pushed me into thinking the worse and your right i need to stop coming here and i do plan to get off this forum and once ive been to the neuro i hope to post clean results.

Getalol101 - (Does it mean "Get a Laugh out Loud"?) If so, not Funny here like...
"Notfunnyhere101"

" i do plan to get off this forum and once ive been to the neuro i hope to post clean results."

We'll see... until then.

" but in australia its so hard to talk anyone.'

Australia is not a 3rd world country by any measure.

To get a Neuro appointment you've probably seen a PCP first. Go back to your PCP
and ask for help with your Health Anxiety. Talk to him/her... again.

Last edited:
I'm an aussie mate, go see your GP and you can get lots of help under medicare. Not at all hard to talk to anyone here.

Hi sorry if my name comes across as being poor taste its something ive used online as a kid and meant no offence to it and im so sorry to come on here looking for reassurance but i guess its cause ive been suffering and my fear and anxiety had taken a hold of me i have no one i can really talk to i do have a neuro appointment on may 27th, and i have taken your advice and made an appointment with counselling i am sorry for any pain ive caused or if i came across as insensitive it was never my intention but i also want to thank you all for the responses and the link to the read before posting and reassurances truly its been a tremendous help and i have much love for you all again thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back