margaux

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FR
Hello everyone
I wanted first of all salute your courage. I apologize for having to post here but I will need some precision... I read the discussion read before posting.

I have fasciculation for 10 months. I have them everywhere. I saw a neurologist after a month of twiches who gave me an emg which came back clean (I just had a few twiching detected).
Twichings have intensified in recent months. So my doctor referred me a second tome to my neurologist. He gave me an emg again and assured me that i did not have als. however, many fasciculations were detected on examination. Out in the benign fasciculations forums or even in the twicher testimonials on this forum, fasciculations often go undetected on the emg. How do i interpret that there were so many during my emg? Does a neurologist know the difference between benign and malignant fasciculations? 2 emg in an interval of 8 months is enough to say that I do not have sla (despite the fasciculations detected?)
thank tout for your answers. I Hope i dont hurt you with my questions
(Sorry for my Bad english)

1 you believe your educated neurologist
2 yes there is a difference between simple fasciculations which you apparently had and more worrisome complex fasciculations. Your neurologist would know
3 if your exam was normal and your emg is as reported yes als is ruled out

Thank you so much for your answer.

1)SO I Can consider that my emg IS clear ? (even if there are ONLY simple twitching, which are presents since 8 months).?

2)I'm so sorry but i really have the feeling that I'm the only in this case. Almost all people who have twitching, it doesn't seem to be detect on emg....

That's why i'm worried even if i really try to trust my neurologist, who seem very confident after 2 emg in 8 months.

1 yes
2 you are definitely not the only person with this kind of emg.
I am sorry you don’t trust your neurologist and you are free to disbelieve me we aren’t going to tell you anything different than your doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back