11/2015
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
Hi,
We are looking at purchasing a turning mattress. I'm looking for opinions on brands, suppliers and general input about the cost vs reward.
Thanks!!

Do you mean a bed that will turn you?

Jim in VA and Zoohouse have talked about them on several threads if you search through them.

We have done just fine with a low air loss/alternating pressure mattress. However, if you get one from a medical supplier, they costa small fortune...

I can tell you that my wife benefitted greatly from a turning mattress.

I know that the CALS here who have used them for their PALS all totally swear by them.

As I didn't have one I've always read threads about them with a real wistful feeling of wow!

We bought one from an Internet supplier, saving about 50% over the cost of haveing someone bring it out. It was very easy to set up and Matt loves it, but it is much louder than the low air loss/alternating air mattress. Our dog does NOT like it :)

It turns a maximum of 45 degrees each direction and you can program how long it stays in each position (left, flat, right).

Ours is the just mattress. I think Zoohouse has the Probed, which is a real dream and starts north of 30K. A turning mattress can run 5K to 10K (again, half the price on the internet if you are comfortable doing that).

@Nuts, would you mind sharing the brand and what supplier you purchased it from? ��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back