Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
I find it increasingly difficult to turn over in bed. I quite often wake up on my back, which is very uncomfortable. Are there any tricks or is it time to get serious about a hospital bed. I'm tempted to sleep in my recliner but it's a long way to the bathroom. Thanks
Hollister

Search the forum for probed

Are you doing the silk or satin sheets and nightclothes so you slide easier? Do you have / can you use a bedcane? I remember someone using a cloth belt to pull their leg to help ( arms were stronger). Use just a duvet without a sheet so you don't have to tangle with bed clothes. But as you know sometimes it is better to bite the bullet and get the equipment rather than struggle and save your strength. Whatever helps you sleep well will keep you in better shape longer.

My wife bought me an upside down "U" shaped handle that slips to anchor between the mattress and box spring.
It has a rubber grip surface.
She bought it at Wallgreens.
Very helpful and quite sturdy

Thanks I got a bed rail on order that is supposed to arrive today. I think it will help. I don't Use satin sheets because the head of the bed is elevated 8 inches. I do wear silk pajamas in the winter. But I think that U-shaped bed rail is going to give me something to grab. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Hollister

Yes that u shaped handle works great. Got mine from Amazon and it has really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back