Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
If anyone is taking this can you tell me where you buy it and the dose?

Thanks

Hey Kim...I take it.
I ordered off Amazon .... (or you can do Ebay). There are a couple of brands available.... I take 1g per day or 2 250mg capsules twice per day. Just started it so not sure of the effect.
Bear

The brand I ordered for my husband is black grizzly. Ordered direct from their website but shipped through Amazon. They were the only 500mg pills I could find. He's taken two a day but I've read the dose should be 2x that.

Thanks, Bear. Hope it works for you. I'm going to order some today.

Don't start at the 1 Gram twice a day. Work yourself up to it over a few weeks. I have not been able to tolerate a full dose but hopefully you will

Thank you Nikki,
I followed your advice
from an earlier thread.
Good thing, because it's
kind of hard on my
stomach.

Nikki, I know this is
not a TUDCA topic
but I'm wondering what
your thoughts are on Lunasin.
I really value your
thoughts, you've
been a God send
on this forum.
Thank you! !
Debbie

Thanks, Nikki. I already have stomach issues (bad GERD and sensitive to gluten and other foods) so I will start very slowly. Is there a brand you (or anyone prefers.) I find myself less tolerant if something has lots of fillers or added ingredients. I like to try things pure.

I posted the brand I ordered above. Also do a search for discount code- I found one on a body building forum and got 20% off, so it was just over $100 for 180 500mg pills

I posted the brand I ordered above. Also do a search for discount code- I found one on a body building forum and got 20% off, so it was just over $100 for 180 500mg pills

I checked out the Black Grizzly but saw it had corn starch and lactose in it.

I buy the Olympus brand. I just checked it has rice flour, magnesium stearate and gelatin added. And the bottle always makes me laugh because it says turns men into demigods. No comment on what it might do for women!
Debbie I will leave you a visitor message about lunasin so as not to hijack

Last edited:
what is tudca?

My boyfriend of 6 years was recently diagnoed he is still early in the progression he has tongue fascinations, his speach has changed a lot and is mummbled, his hands and fingers shake a lot he sometimes drops things.

Im not aware of a lot of medications yet butthe only medicine the doctor has talked about so far is riluzole which he is taking but we also havent seen the doctor in over a month and there has been changes so he might discuss more options next visit.

So if its something that might help i would definitely talk to him about ttrying it.

JPatricia do a search here on tudca as there have been quite a few discussions about it which may help you think about it.

Bear included a good link too near the start of this thread :)

Tudca is a bile salt that is supposedly effective for liver damage. It's been used by body builders who do steroids to get their liver enzymes back to normal and it works. It is also regarded as a supplement that will help in detoxifying the body and help your liver handle any drugs you take.

As relates to ALS there was a small study done where PALS took it and a significant percentage showed some improvement on the ALS scale. The current thinking is that it might have neuroprotective properties.

Thanks all for the info. I ordered some Black Grizzly brand and if you enter "black20" you get 20% off.

Thanks for the info Kim....didn't know about the steroids component.

Wikipedia says this:

Apoptosis, or programmed cell death, is largely influenced by the mitochondria. If the mitochondria are distressed, they release the molecule cytochrome C (cyC). Cytochrome C initiates enzymes called caspases to propagate a cascade of cellular mechanisms to cause apoptosis. TUDCA prevents apoptosis with its role in the Bax pathway. Bax, a molecule that is translocated to the mitochondria to release cytochrome C, initiates the cellular pathway of apoptosis.[4] TUDCA prevents Bax from being transported to the mitochondria. This protects the mitochondria from perturbation and the activation of caspases.[6] TUDCA acts as a Chemical chaperones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back