Not open for further replies.

smarinkov

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2021
Country
NL
Are thee any trust-worthy alternatives in The Netherlands / Europe to buying and shipping Nutricost TUDCA capsules from US? The issue with the latter is the cost and time it takes to ship it to NL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sourced Tudca through a wholesale supplement place in Perth. Do you have such places in the Netherlands? The business owner hadn’t had anyone ask about Tudca and ALS. I was surprised that at least a few PALS hadn’t been directed there, or Tudca bought to their attention.

Hi Samkl. Yes, there a few such places here in NL as well. But they don't have the TUDCA compound. In the meantime I did find some alternative TUDCA brands in EU though but none of them seems too legit (Brawn nutrition, Hepatica / DG Supplements, ALLMAX Nutrition). I'm really wondering how and if any PALS in EU acquire their TUDCA supplements.

Tomorrow I will ring where I got the Tudca in Perth and ask where they source their supply.

Hi Smarinkov, what do you mean by Tudca compound?

The TUDCA we have bought apparently comes from the US.

Is she writing about Nuedexta for Pseudobulbaraffect?

No, TUDCA is a compound that is part of AMX-0035, which is currently in a late trial for disease modification (slowing it down).

By TUDCA I mean Tauroursodeoxycholic acid.

I was able to find over-the-counter TUDCA (BRAWN brand) in the Netherlands. I'm going to try that one.

Yes, AMX0035 is a combination of TUDCA (1g) and sodium phenylbutyrate (3g), dosed twice daily in trials.

in italy there's a drug called tudcabil
33174526_m.jpg

Indeed, I also found it and tried to order just recently. It seems to be the TUDCA drug used in the original Italian study that showed some benefits of TUDCA for ALS.

I bought Tudca that is made in the UK. I bought in the US from Amazon, but it says "made in UK". The company isKoNefancy, and it is called Advanced TUDCA. It has some other ingredients in it like Milk Thistle. Just started it so can't say anything good or bad.

Laurie,

I am looking to buy some Nutricot Tudca 500mg from Amazon and send to my mom. The label says 1 capsule daily. Should she take it twice daily to get 1g dosages then?

Also, is there any supplement product for sodium phenylbutyrate to be taken with Tudca?

Her medication at the beginning of her diagnosis caused adverse effect on her liver, Tudca seems to have some repair function in additional to slowing down ALS.

Thanks!
Ting

She should discuss with her neuro.
sodium phenylbutyrate is prescription

she should start slowly on tudca. It is not always easy on the stomach. Strongly recommend getting the 250 to start and then can use the 500 if she tolerate. The amount in AMX0035 is one gram twice a day. This would be 2 500 mg twice a day or 4 250 mg twice a day What my clinic recommended was start at 250 once a day then twice then three times then add 250 to one dose etc etc. i believe it was a week at each level. The AMX trial started at once a day then increased to twice but it wasn’t possible to take less than one gram tudca a day. GI was the biggest side effect noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back