TUDCA in Europe, Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nikki,

Thanks for the recommendation!

What dosage regimen did your clinic prescribe for sodium phenylbutyrate? I can try talk to her neuro about it but it is not even common to administer radicava in China yet, I’m not optimistic that my mom will get it.

Luckily, Tudca is a supplement product, if GI is the biggest side effect, it is probably safe for the most part. If she can start using it, I would feel more hopeful than simply waiting for AMX 0035 to be available in the market.

Ting

I do not take that but I believe it is 3 grams twice a day for those who do

Yes, AMX0035 = TUDCA (1g) and sodium phenylbutyrate (3g), dosed twice daily in trials.

Thank you both Nikki and Laurie!

So, I sent a dozen bottles to my mom. Do either of you have an official source that can be shared with her doctor about the dosage used for AMX0035 as you described? I tried to search for it online, but no luck yet.

I don’t have high hope that the doctors in China would be able to prescribe sodium phenylbutyrate to go along with Tudca. If that turns out to be case, should my mom still follow the 1g Tudca alone twice daily?

Thanks!

Early on it was in the trial description. They stopped publishing it online I did copy the dose then so I know the above is right but I did not screenshot it.
I think Dr Paganoni would correspond with your mother’s doctor. She is the chief investigator for the trials.

TUDCA is being trialed separately and had a small study a few years ago that showed modest benefit. Some of us take TUDCA alone. I do

The component doses are confirmed here, in the Study Details section.

My husband takes TUDCA on its own. 2 x 500mg × twice daily. If you do decide to send your mum some, please let her know to titrate up slowly. TUDCA can give some wicked gastrointestinal issues if one starts on the full dosage immediately.

Thank you all!

I have asked my mom to start with 250mg daily and will see how she is taking it. May increase to 500mg daily after a week or as as Laurie suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back