Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
0/0000
Country
US
City
Orlando
Previous thread

Mods closed my original thread hence starting a new one, please feel free to merge it. Thank you.

Brief history:
I felt leg weakness so I was referred to a neuro. Neuro conducted an EMG and some strength check in Sept/oct 2022. It was clean.
Since then my twitching had increased to all over the body. So I met the neuro again in 2/1/2022, they did leg and arm emg/ncs and result was normal. So, I was DX with BFCS. (C=cramps).

Some symptos I didn’t discuss with neuro are below and plan to discuss in next visit.

1. Most recently I am noticing need to clear throat or mild cough after drinking water. Is this aspiration?
2. If I fake smile then my cheeks start to quiver that I can’t control, then if I really apply strength to fake smile then quivering stops,
3. I notice that I bite my tongue often than before.
4. In don’t slurr words but occasionally I notice some slip of tongue.

Do I have to worry about Bulbar?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
No

Reactions: sdb
nope, as before, you don't need to keep coming back here and diving into the rabbit hole of ALS fear.

Please do return to your PCP and ask for help with your fears.

Everything you mention is very common and often associated with winter dryness, poor sleep, stress [for which you could consider counseling], and dehydration.

ALS, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back