12/2015
Country
US
State
NH
City
Wolfeboro
Hi Everyone,
Looking ahead my plan this summer is to grow a whole lot of beautiful zinnias to sell to which all proceeds will be donated to ALS. My question is where do you all think the best place to donate the money would be? I would love some input! I’ll be ordering signs to put up in town and would like to let people know where their money will go. Thanks so much!

You will find vastly different opinions.
mine: if you are interested in patient support services CCALS in Massachusetts does great work

if you are interested in supporting research Mass General ALS research fund. They are not just clinical; they have a big laboratory program as well google mgh mind institute

i am less fond of the foundation ideas ( though they do great work many of them) because I want to give directly to the places I believe in but ALSONe supports the two organizations above plus alstdi and UMASS

i know I sound very Massachusetts focused but you are in NH. Plus the MGH money goes to projects like the platform trial which has 54 US sites.

whatever you decide thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this

Everything Nikki said!

I would add ALS TDI to Nikki's list

Thanks so much for your responses. It’s so Important. I’m familiar with CCALS in Massachusetts (it’s my Amazon Smile choice) and my brother was diagnosed at MG. I’ve just been doing some reading on ALS TDI as well and they are all great choices. Now I’ll hope for a great growing season and kind donations. I so feel the need to do something and I think it will help with the sadness I still feel so deeply 2 1/2 years later. I decided to get a vanity plate, CUREALS, as for $40 per year it seemed like a good way to spread awareness. Anything to help raise awareness and money. Love you guys. You really are the best❤️

ALSTDI would be my choice.

I would always recommend local patient care initiatives/facilities over TDI.

Please post some zinnia pics when they bloom!

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back