Status
Not open for further replies.

Timshelper

Distinguished member
Hi everyone,
i was just wandering if anyone Has looked into tHe website www.alsindependance.com. i receive a newsletter every week and i was just readng some of tHe pals stories, some of tHem will give you goose bumps like kims and otHers will give you Hope and faitH tHat we will find a cure for tHis disease. tHe pictures are wonderful and tHe information up to date. i fianlly got to see wHat our infamous dr. strong looked like and wHat a day at tHe clinic would entail for a pal. people are very fortunate to Have dr strong and i believe if we Had more drs like Him my freind tim proably wouldnt be in tHe state He is in now. i say tHat because He was told to go Home and die and Hasn't seen tHat dr since. no pHysio, no pulminary, no nutrition, no social workers to talk to. its just so sad tHat you are left on your own to figure out tHings by yourself. i tHink it could of been so mucH easier for tim if He would of just Had tHe support of tHe medical community. Hick town i guess? anyway cHeck tHe site out its definitly wortH it and tHe more we know tHe more we grow. Hows Henry doing carol i wrote you a letter but i know tHere is no time for replies. next time you post can you give me update? tHanks missing you.
kim
als about loving someone

That is totally unacceptable kim:
tim should be afforded all That medicine can supply... and his dr. should have his/her ass kicked. the family dr. should have, by now provided you with access to assistive care, occupational therapists, speech therapists and home care. if the dr. is not gong to do it... maybe the cma should know about it.

t

access to care

Hello kim. iam so sorry your friend has had such poor care, no one should be told to go home and die!
our family has had great assistance from ccac (community care access centre). the case worker came out and set up speech pathology, ot, pt, dietician, rn, and psw.
i don't know where you live but perhaps there is a similar service in you area.
pals need so much help just to make their day bearable and it should not be denied or made difficult or impossible to access!

carol, fisher, al, tbear and all the rest take care jane

Kim, that is terrible.....i just don't know what else to say....

jane - it is good to hear from you. i don't think we've seen a post from you in awhile. how are you doing?

carol d - we miss you. all my love is going your way (o.k. i saved some for my husband....:) i hope you are getting to spend lots of good, quality time with henry.

melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back