Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that.

And im just so fed up with my neurologist hes so nonschlaunt about everything doesnt awnser any of my questions really to calm my fears he kind of plays into them by being so secretive about his reasoning.

Re: Another question

And ive been there and they are very unhelpful since they have next to no knowlege on this horrible disease. Thats why i turned to this wonderful group again , because you all have vast amounts of knowlege and can give me an accurate view based on what ive told you all. Im just in search of awnsers since now apperently my nurologist has non.

Then you need to believe us as we have all said this is not how ALS goes.

Let us look after the terminally ill now please lad.

The reason I sent you to the other site is that you need to accept and deal with your anxiety, they don't need to know about ALS, you don't have it!

Last question and i promise this has nothing to do with me or symptoms... has there been any recent promising break throughs with treatment or a cure for this disease and is anyone anycloser to finding a true biomaker or a definative test for ALS. I know one of the most fustrating parts is going through all the test and being strung around on hopes for another dignoses since ALS is dignosed based on process of elimination. I ask thins because of the rise of awareness brought on by the ice bucket challenge. I truely do believe we can find a cure for anything and i believe ALS and cancer should be topps of the list and presued equally.

There is progress in biomarkers, and they are following leads for treatments. Not fast enough of course. As Dr Appel famously said "ALS is not incurable, it is underfunded". This is still true ,ice buckets notwithstanding.

Please consider channeling whatever resources you can to this issue, through donations or fundraising efforts.

Since , happily, you do not present with ALS symptoms I wish you a long and happy life.

I am closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back