Troublesome fasciculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news. Now remember if you experience more symptoms the problem is still not ALS. Last year I had some symptoms that concerned me about a medical condition my grandfather died from. When I was cleared and did some work with a physio he said - and remember if this comes back again later it will still be the same cause as we found this time. Stay well.

Thank you for the advice, I’ll admit that I am trying to move on but it is a struggle when you’re dealing with new symptoms and the old ones are evolving everyday. The respondents for this board are such a great resource for those going through the diagnostic process, I have one more question for someone about EMGs.

I know intellectually that if it were ALS it would have shown on a test OR I would have noticed significant progressive weakness, 3 months into widespread twitching. The fact that this began in my feet, and now the feet are mostly fine... it’s really unlikely. I know that intellectually. The only thing that undermines my complete confidence is that I have a pretty noticeable possible focal atrophy in my left thenar, where I experience a lot of twitches, especially after light use, and the EMG seemed excessively brief. Like it was less than 5 minutes. He really just stuck the needle in for like 3 seconds in each spot. Didn’t ask me to move or anything. I guess what I’m asking is, does anyone know what it might indicate for an EMG to be very quick like that? Also the f wave latency (NCS I know) were quite drastically different between right and left. Is this significant? I have attached the table. EMG reading seems to be both art and science and I want to believe he wasn’t inviting liability by being negligent.

Attachments

• 01632D8F-4C39-4DCE-AB07-1A82569CE0FB.jpeg
    01632D8F-4C39-4DCE-AB07-1A82569CE0FB.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 125
Please, with the greatest respect, do go discuss this with your doctor. Please consider that continuing to ask for reassurance from people with a terminal illness is not appropriate. You have been cleared and only your doctor who examines you can help you find any diagnosis. You know you don't have ALS, that's over and out for us. I truly with you the very best.

Sorry, you’re right. Thanks for giving me perspective. These will all be answered by my neurologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back