Troubles with Feeding Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol Deboer

Distinguished member
Hey TBear, Maybe you can answer a couple of questions for me. Henry has a probelm with excessive gas. We are really careful when applying feeds with the syringe and as far as I know we have not given him any air. His stomach is still pushed up under his ribcage, which of course gives him extreme chest pain. He takes maxarane for the gas, but this seems not to be working real well now. I am stumped. Called doc, he said not to put anymore meds in the tube. However, he still has lots of pain and lots of trapped gas. He is very uncomfortable and in a lot of pain. I may have to take him to er if this does not clear up real soon. Any suggestions? Anybody's help would be appreciated, if you have any remedies please let me know asap. Thanks guys.

Love, Carol

Hi Carol:

My pleasure...

I talked with my doc this a.m.... at church.... go figure. She said to try an over the counter gas med like gasex or cyclopin?... stuff that you'd use for babies. Of course if it is in liquid form it will likely pass through the tube easier. If it works... stand back!

Other than that I guess you'll have to cut back on Henry's beer swillin'! I have go now to find my Uncle Fester clothes and scare the crap out of the neighbours! Hope everybody has a great Halloween... celebrate everything you can!

T.

Back from the symposium. I'll put more up about that later. Carol: I used to get terrible gas before the ALS thing and I started taking ginger capsules. I think it might have been Jamieson brand but taking one half an hour before eating would help. Used to get really gassy with turkey and chicken stuffing but taking the ginger helped. Lee eventually started putting powdered ginger in the dressing and that helped too. Didn't need the pills then. Possibly this will work for Henry. Take care. Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back